How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-06-2007
arndom

Many thanks for the interview:-)

19-06-2007
Power to the 99%

^ Alber is so thoughtful ... some really interesting points, particularly about women being easier to fit now (though not perhaps every last one of us :p). I could listen to him talk all day long ...

19-06-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
“Everyone works on a different time schedule. You have to ask, ‘Do you want to have stores all over the world?’ I’m not sure I want that,” Elbaz mused over lunch at the Crillon bar here. “Lanvin is a special house. The beauty of this brand is that it’s not everywhere; not everyone wears it. Moving gradually is better for me.”
And Lanvin is making undeniable headway.
I think this point is crucial
For me he is trying to say, that not every fashion house has to expand the same way as Gucci, or YSL...and that of course is what the ceo is demanding...God I hate enterprises, they're always trying to make more money, no matter what, and they forgot what they are doing in the first place.
Elbaz is great

V.I.P.

I think he raises a good point about the time it takes to make garments in couture. It really isn't 'modern' to take three weeks or three fittings for a single piece. People these days want instant gratification. Which isn't neccessarily a bad thing, but it doesn't bode well for HC.

19-07-2007
rising star

I love this man. I met him very briefly last summer at a party and was wearing Lanvin. I was so nervous. I said "How do you do? I just love your clothing." Normally, I would never say something like that. I was so embrassed, and what else could he say back? lol. He was so charming though. He said "Oh, thank you. They look very nice on you." I almost passed out. My friend told me the next day that she was introduced to him aswell that night & asked him what it was like to be a famous writer [jokingly, of course ] and that he burst into laughter.

19-07-2007
windowshopping

Alber Elbaz is amazing. Just like everyone said he seems so thoughtful and interesting, and it would be amazing to talk with him.

21-07-2007
front row

he's simply adorable - this wonderful child-like quality.

26-07-2007
taz
MUSE

I like these 'miniature mannequins' , he has charming surprising ideas.

Quote:
Miss Lanvin
Alber Elbaz 's chic new model

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Alber Elbaz's Lanvin porcelain dolls
(PARIS) Alber Elbaz, who recently adorned his Faubourg Saint-Honoré store windows with miniature mannequins clad in his ready-to-wear designs, is banking on that premise with the introduction of a series of miniature Miss Lanvin dolls created with Taiwanese craftsman Franz, famous worldwide for his collections of decorative objects in Chinese porcelain. Packaged in Lanvin’s signature blue boxes and individually numbered and signed in a production run of 800, each of the hand-painted figurines—which boast exaggeratedly long legs—are featured clothed in Elbaz’s most signature looks, including his slick black trench and voluminous dresses, accessorized with netted pearl necklaces and sky-high stilettos. Six new dolls will be produced each season between Elbaz and Franz. The collectibles will be priced at $345 each and be sold at Lanvin boutiques and the label’s top retailers.

fashionweekdaily

26-07-2007
V.I.P.

Thanks to everyone for his lovely interviews,i enjoy them so much.

26-07-2007
rising star

oooo I want to see more of the miniature mannequins!!

26-07-2007
V.I.P.

I really want one of those miniatures! ...however, I can't find any reason to spend so much on a silly little knick-knack.

17-05-2008
rising star

Thanks everyone for posting these interviews!
Now I love the man more than ever.....what an sincere, ernest, genuine darling! I think he just became my favorite designer out of all!!!!!!

17-05-2008
V.I.P.

^^I second that, i just adore this man and this thread is wonderful.

17-05-2008
V.I.P.

Interesting

18-05-2008
V.I.P.

how could you not fall in love with this man? he doesn't need sex to sell the clothes, his personality sells them.

i think it would be lovely to see Lanvin ads with just his sketches. from what i've seen, they are charming and convey so much more than a model in a dress.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alber, creative, director, elbaz, interviews, lanvin