How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-01-2012
V.I.P.

Alberta Ferretti Pre-Fall 2012

-style

13-01-2012
V.I.P.

-style

13-01-2012
V.I.P.

-style

13-01-2012
V.I.P.

-style

13-01-2012
V.I.P.

-style

13-01-2012
V.I.P.

saw the catwalk show earlier today on her website, what a beautiful collection, especially the dresses. the pics don't fully do it justice

13-01-2012
V.I.P.

Ahhhh the dresses; they will always be her thing! That full length deep green one screams out to be worn on the red carpet.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
13-01-2012
backstage pass

Watched the live stream...talk about a pre-collection show!

13-01-2012
tfs star

She never fails in making amazing dresses , love that beige coat as well , and the green gown with cape/poncho thing is amazing !

13-01-2012
V.I.P.

I love the dresses as well, so feminine and soft.

14-01-2012
no tom ford, no thanks.

she has truly outdone herself with this show. i am spell bound by not only all of those red carpet ready looks but by the truly spectacular displays of everyday wear.

backstage pass

This has got to be my favourite pre-fall 2012 collection. Spectacular!

V.I.P.

By Tim Blanks

Quote:
Alberta Ferretti cannily anticipated a fashion curve in Milan tonight. She mounted an actual show for the pre-fall offering that has subtly inserted itself into the fashion calendar as a new season, and then she glossed it with a presentation of 20 "demi-couture" looks, worn by a platoon of twenty-first-century It girls flown in from all over the world. So, what does a twenty-first-century It girl look like? Clearly, genes are important. Andie MacDowell begat Margaret Qualley. Tali Lennox calls Annie mum. Amber Le Bon has morning cornflakes with Simon and Yasmin. But, family aside, Ferretti logged on to different criteria. Bloggers Hanneli Mustaparta, Oroma Elewa, and Candice Lake are Internet supermodels. That translated pretty easily to a catwalk. Co-catwalkers Audrey Marnay, Zani Gugelmann, and Solange Knowles are familiar with a more traditional spotlight.

The thing that united all these disparate women tonight was a collection of clothes that could be construed as an escape into a silvery lunar landscape as viewed by F. Scott Fitzgerald (even if, in reality, he was too busy swigging gin with dissolute flappers to ever go off-planet). "Jazz Age" was one of Ferretti's touchstones for both collections. With yet another version of The Great Gatsby upon us, that seemed like a timely reference. It was quite literal in the first pre-fall section of the show, with cloche hats and cocooning coats creating a twenties silhouette, and elongated plissé chiffons offering a languid take on cocktail dressing (which is, in itself, a Jazz Age notion). The fur lapels and sleeves on a long black coat cried out for a Stutz Bearcat. Ferretti piled on black paillettes for her pre-fall finale, but she swathed them in chunky knits that felt about as modern as you're ever going to make a Liza Minnelli moment.

And then came her platoon of It girls in the silvery, gilded demi-couture. You could feel Ferretti's heart in these clothes: a fox collar on a gray flannel coat-dress; beaded, banded chinchilla over a silvery lace confection; lacquered Fortuny pleating trailing away in a fishtail. They were the sort of looks that make a certain kind of young woman dream of being a fashion designer. And, in their moonstruck dreaminess, they might be the sort of clothes that would inspire a certain kind of young woman to buy and wear them.
-style

14-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
she has truly outdone herself with this show. i am spell bound by not only all of those red carpet ready looks but by the truly spectacular displays of everyday wear.
Agreed. I don't think I've ever liked one of her collections as much as this one, it's truly gorgeous. And the fact that everything looks so glamorous and stunning even on the non-models is great to see, too. Beautiful, timeless and versatile dresses and coats, really love this

14-01-2012
fashion elite

Alberta Ferretti | Pre-Fall and Demi Couture 2012 Full Fashion Show

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, alberta, ferretti, prefall