How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-03-2009
front row

Pugh blatently referenced McQueen, and GODDAMM McQueen has fired back and then some!!.....Pugh is dead, long live McQueen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramarine View Post
OMG!!! Its been a while ever since Lee made me ... FASHIORGASM!!!

I think the best of it all is that coral snake print .. its SO bold, if he starts doing it in scarfs -a la skull scarf SS03- we will see it everyone and everywhere being worn ... it has LOTS of commercial appeal ... Sosososos bold ... love it

And Pugh? Pugh? *belches* MCQueen is schooling Pugh in here! I mean ... Pugh is good but I havent seen a collection as carefully edited/styled as this one ... so far. I *do* enjoy the turning up the volume and better designer battles .. so bring your best, b*tch*s!

This @$&! has hit the fan and in Paris fashion week, nonetheless ... You go Lee! It was while since we´ve seen the usual demi-couture!

10-03-2009
windowshopping

Absolutely mindblowing. There's not a lot more to say...

10-03-2009
V.I.P.

One is lost for words looking at this collection, if i actually saw it in real life i'm not sure how i would have reacted then.

10-03-2009
trendsetter

It is quite beautiful and an all-around landmark collection for McQueen, but I have to ask why is he limiting himself to dresses and skirt suits? I'm dying to see more pants from designers, that aren't leather or leggings, because I'm finding bare legs or tights a little redundant.

10-03-2009
Unveil Yourself....

I love it, i love it, I love....God save the McQueen!

I really love the Leigh Bowery inspiration...it's not supposed to send the message to women to dress as a dreagqueen but basically to take reference from it and feel inspired in some way. Leigh was an extreme hodgepodge of exaggerated womanhood (I am not gonna say femininity) and that is what you see here. It's a proposal to be daring and creative with what you wear

twitter.com/ErikP87
10-03-2009
tfs star

This really is stunning. Even the use of the orange that came out of nowhere didn't bother me. I don't think the closing dress does the collection any justice, but overall McQueen delivered what's in my the undisputed best collection of the last 4 weeks.

10-03-2009
V.I.P.

This collection is a mind-f**k.

In a good way.

10-03-2009
V.I.P.

geez ...

Quote:
FASHIORGASM!!!
i'm coming !

beautiful !!! a genius moment !

and those birds prints ... i love it !
and the volumes and the ... oh geez ! everything !

Quote:
It's got bits and pieces of McQueen throughout the years, but taken somewhere else entirely.
absolutely !

10-03-2009
tfs star

Magnificent collection.

10-03-2009
tfs star

this is all so deliciously creepy/modern fairytale-like, i absolutely love it

as a filmmaker it's very inspiring

Stitch:the Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
^^He's used that body suit/ jewelry piece before! SS 00!

This is SO old school McQueen, it's sick!
i agree,this is very much in the spirit of all of those collections before before 2003.

10-03-2009
V.I.P.

it's...... definitely good as a collection, but personally, i could have done without all that extra "frou frou". i may have loved it as a simple showroom presentation. and maybe some pieces in different color or pattern or in plain fabric.

but that snake dress, it's so claustrophobic, ophidiophobic, scary like you're about to DROWN in those snakes, damn, loves it.

10-03-2009
V.I.P.

I don't understand why people are swooning over this? Last season was much better in my opinion. More concise and more aesthetically appealing. It was interesting but it wasn't pretentious in extravagance (like this).

This, whilst an aesthetic wonderland, is a little gimmicky, to be honest. Some of the pieces look particularly intimidating/scary and far too referential of 'the club scene' and the likes of Leigh Bowery. I find that in the end, this looks like something a performance artist would wear rather than a 'normal woman'. And without sounding too antagonistic, this is something I would envision transvestites wearing.

Besides, I find the make-up, hair and head pieces distracting and it takes the focus off the collection. There's far too much going on in some of those looks. The result is ironic rather than chic.

Fall 2006 still remains my favourite Fall collection for McQueen, by far. It had that McQueen poetry and nonchalance. This was forced and conceited with its faux-couture aesthetic.

10-03-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmut.newton View Post
Leigh Bowery, whilst a fascninating personality, is quite an odd inspiration. I mean, do women aspire to look like that?
In my opinion that's completely beside the point.

It's obvious alot runway fashion isn't about something you aspire to look like, but an artistic expression based on some form of inspiration. Said inspiration doesn't always have to be something feminine and wearable, and I'm glad it doesn't. I can personally appreciate a runway like this despite it not being something I would aspire to look like because there's obvious story behind the collection and its initial inspiration; which to me is much more fascinating than if designers were to sit down and think "Hm, what do women aspire to look like?" all the time.

10-03-2009
Stitch:the Hand

but this is quite possibly the most inspiring he's been in his creativity. it almost feels like he's trying to break out...free himself and really exert that wild vision we all know he's capable of.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, alexander, f or w, mcqueen, paris