How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2013
front row

It's silly and boring.

06-03-2013
front row

Just when you think Mrs Burton couldn't do it worse. She's just mediocre, Alexander McQueen- the brand and, mostly, the man- does not deserve this.

rising star

It's funny that almost all the reviews from actual fashion critics are unanimously positive, yet here we are.

fashion elite

It is nice, but it isn't really ready-to-wear, they are costumes. Very Elizabeth era. I'm curious what they are going to sell in their stores, probably some toned down versions of it I guess. And I would like to see some changes in the silhouettes!

07-03-2013
tfs star

This is bad. Not good at all.

07-03-2013
V.I.P.

This will never be anything like the true McQueen collections, but I think this is better than the stuff Sarah's shown off before.

07-03-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
So basically 5 looks with a slight modification and calling it 10.
Be thankful it's only 10 looks she stretched it out to this time... with a full show, she'd have stretched a couple of ideas to 40 looks. She's like Marge Simpson in the episode where she finds a Chanel suit for $90 and resews it again and again in as many variations as possible to impress her new country-club friends.

I always feel like I have to preface every post about Sarah with "I really really really like Sarah as a tailor"... BUT, she's not an ideas and concepts designer, a storyteller-- let alone a visionary like McQueen the man.

I think It's unfair to accuse her of not being even a decent dressmaker; she is very good at cutting a classic and, sharp ladylike silhouette that I find quite flattering. I wonder if she has to keep up with all the dress-up with the shows because the boss insists on doing so to sell the McQueen image. She takes the medieval and Elizabethan concept all the time and wrings as many tedious variations out of it as she can-- adds on some S&M and Bondage elements for aggressiveness and calls it a concept. I'm used to it by now, and it's not likely to stop. I'm sure the next collection will have lace stuff, with some ruffles trains-- and the prerequisite heavily embellished, beaded and S&M, Bondage element, all balancing on an ornate platform heel... Repeat, lather, rinse...

07-03-2013
front row

Honestly this collection looks much more like coutere than normal F/W 2014.
You can see old royal family inspiration here but there is too much. I can treat this collection only as a couter and I can imagine anyone who wear this clothes on the street. I am very disapoitment this collection

07-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
Be thankful it's only 10 looks she stretched it out to this time... with a full show, she'd have stretched a couple of ideas to 40 looks. She's like Marge Simpson in the episode where she finds a Chanel suit for $90 and resews it again and again in as many variations as possible to impress her new country-club friends.
I completely agree!

I hate everything about this collection. Why is it that her designs keep getting worse? It cannot just be that we're getting sick of seeing the same thing again and again? I find that she's getting tackier and tackier every season, this is just a complete eyesore. I'm so disappointed, I was convinced she was going to do a good job as McQueen's successor but she really hasn't delivered anything noteworthy yet (except for... Kate Middleton's wedding dress ).

07-03-2013
fashion insider

Quite ok... (I never thought I would EVER say that about a McQueen collection - during his lifetime!)...we`ve seen worse from her.

08-03-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
I hate everything about this collection. Why is it that her designs keep getting worse? It cannot just be that we're getting sick of seeing the same thing again and again? I find that she's getting tackier and tackier every season, this is just a complete eyesore. I'm so disappointed, I was convinced she was going to do a good job as McQueen's successor but she really hasn't delivered anything noteworthy yet (except for... Kate Middleton's wedding dress ).
Because: Like Marge mangling that Chanel suit over and over again and being called out for it by her country-club ladies, that's what we're doing to Sarah's for bedazzling the f*ck out of her two ideas to the McQueen name, for the last few years since she's been the designer. Seriously, the Pre-Season collections are so much more McQueen-worthy than these desperately-seeking-attention costumes she parades. Her true sensibilities are in designing classic but sharp ladylike clothes, like the one for Kate and in the Pre-Seasons. She has no eye nor the imagination to push and challenge fashion the way mcQueen the man did.

I'm still rooting for Sarah to blow me way with a collection of showpieces that doesn't resemble some poor man's mangled, haphazardly-cobbled Frankenstein abomination of the McQueen I used to know. But, I'm not holding my breath.

28-03-2013
MON
V.I.P.

Gone are the days when people could wear Alexander McQueen in parties and in normal occasions... now you can`t simply wear them at all. You have to be at a costume party to be able to wear this. Everything looks the same... the moment Sarah Burton sat down as Head Designer. She needs a new inspiration. New Silhouettes. New Ideas.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, alexander, f or w, mcqueen, paris