Alexander McQueen F/W 2018.19 Paris - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot
How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
2 Weeks Ago
fashion insider

2 Weeks Ago
This is really needed in fashion nowadays, I would've loved to see one or two creations like this at the Oscars! (Which was the most boring show on earth, kind of like NYFW in a way, right?) Anyways, I love how brave this collection is and how much effort and imagination each outfit has been given. I also love how Couture this collection feels, the gowns and dresses feel like exclusive one-off's, unattainable for regular folks... a quality that makes fashion mysterious and desirable.

visit blog
2 Weeks Ago
fashion elite
Now that someone mentioned, I do see a little of Givenchy by Tisci and I love that. I also see a bit of Proenza.

This collection is one of my favorites this season. Simple, but strong. They ditched the flowers and prints and went for something more simple and it looks amazing!

2 Weeks Ago
rising star
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
I love look 10 and look 25.
In order to appreciate a McQueen collection these days, i have to erase the brand and the history behind it because it's almost like a totally different brand now.
It's like those old couture houses that have been revived. They used the name to attract people even if the fashion has nothing to do with it.

McQueen is the same. Sarah Burton is doing Sarah Burton but is using the word McQueen to make her work relevant.
Its a good collection but I just cant appreciate it properly because its Alexander McQueen's name that its labbed above. She is really not interested in doing McQueen.
If this was Givenchy would be perfect, but now I like Claire and I dont she out.

2 Weeks Ago
Fat Karl
I really hate her work. Itís just so clueless.

And if youíve been to a McQueen store as of late...itís really an appaling experience. Some of the heaviest, tackiest, clunkiest, most tricky, most overwrought clothes Iíve seen on the market. Feels very out of touch.

Last edited by dior_couture1245; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:39 AM.
2 Weeks Ago
A solid collection. Sarah's tailoring skills are so incredible and strong that it's nice to see her being more experimental with it.

2 Weeks Ago
tfs star
I think this is possibly mimosa favourite collection from her. It's very focused which is always a good thing. Few pieces are questionable but at least she pushes it more.

1 Week Ago
Gorgeous collection!

1 Week Ago
fashion insider
Α pleasant surprise, indeed.

2 Days Ago
backstage pass
I think at this stage she's doing great job. Her works are still strong at some point and you can really see good constructions and shapes. Most importantly, she never use the term 'feminist' or whatsoever to defend herself.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

alexander, f or w, mcqueen, paris