How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-01-2011
fashion icon

love love, just so luxurious, so nice, so sophisticated

18-01-2011
tfs star

This is one of the first McQueen menswear collection I actually love. It's sophisticate, strong, powerful and still contains the McQueen DNA. McQueen Menswear under Sarah Burton will prosper very well, I presume. It comes off much more refined and luxurious.

18-01-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives927 View Post
This is one of the first McQueen menswear collection I actually love. It's sophisticate, strong, powerful and still contains the McQueen DNA. McQueen Menswear under Sarah Burton will prosper very well, I presume. It comes off much more refined and luxurious.
Yes, I love it so far ,so classy ,just the way men must wear clothes !

Looking Up

This is beautiful! I love the coats so much. And the shoes are TDF. I love how so many pieces are partially glossy leather and matte leather, it's a cool touch. And those cuffs!
Meanwhile I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that giant rain poncho. How hideous

18-01-2011
fashion elite

this collection doesn't pull together imo. yes there are few great looks but they are just culculated cut, I don't see strong design behind them. among them are some poncho(wtf?), super ill-fitted trench coat. especially the printed things, what's the point to present them in this collection?
and those clothes thought has strong design are still some tribute to McQueen, which she's been doing this for three seasons! When she will finally plan the next step for this brand? I don't see it happen so far.

18-01-2011
backstage pass

^^uhm there should always be some tribute to McQueen.. it is his brand... or was... well still is... u know what i mean

18-01-2011
fashion elite

you can still keep McQueen DNA while doing something new, and of course it's the most important thing. the problem is Burton just does thing like never trying to reinvent them, it's just what McQueen did before. why I need a typical McQueen thing? I could've bought a vintage one with lower price and designed by Lee himself.

she doesn't present a certain point of view, until now she just picked some cool elements, mix them and sent it out. elements might be cool seperated, but what's the point to gather them together? it's so confusing.

Last edited by Pricciao; 18-01-2011 at 09:59 PM.
19-01-2011
backstage pass

i don't really know if I agree with that. I mean last season i feel like she really went back to the DNA of the house that people forgot. She didn't give McQueen in all of the "Pomp and Circumstance" that we've come to know and love but she gave the basics that exist in the brand.
This season I feel is really a transition. To me I felt a tension in the collection, a fighting tension that's probably most evident in Yuri Pleksun's look. It's as if she wants to move on and push the brand forward but she's unsure of whether it's the right time or whether she's going to do it in the right direction. Because of that she is presenting a very McQueen notion but in what I think is a way McQueen may not have presented it. As MikeiJames said, she's doing it in a more serious way than McQueen did it.

19-01-2011
V.I.P.

I would like to see Gareth taking over...only the menswear.

19-01-2011
windowshopping

My favourite presentation of the season !

Alluring

What a relief not to see a print overload, actually. Looks quite simplified, I like it.

19-01-2011
trendsetter

Wonderful.

Makes me wish I were a man!

Love the greatcoats and the bomber jackets with the frogging and the cloak...

Love it all, really.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, alexander, f or w, mcqueen, mens, milan