How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-03-2010
front row

AMAZING
it's so detailed! i love the celtic touches in the belts, sole of the shoes, clutches (the skulls have horns now omg omg) and the prints.
the structures and shapes were so classical, but with that gothic yet feminine twist, like the jackets with embelishments, or the dresses, with the gorgeous prints. i like the fur and the lace touches too.
the jewellery was gorgeous too!
it's an impressive, amazing, beautiful, etc collection...it's so dramatic and wearable at the same time...i'm sure it will charm lots of girls.

mcqueen, you and your talent will be missed. LONG LIVE MCQUEEN!

01-03-2010
V.I.P.

Oh my... seeing this makes my eyes water.

GENIUS is certainly the right word for it

Looking Up

So is this the actual collection? Im guessing no. Is it replacing the proper Fall 2010 collection because that's a HUGE Pre-Fall collection.

Beautiful none the less.

01-03-2010
fashion insider

There was already a thread for the pre-fall, in which some of these looks appeared about a month ago, and it's listed on the site as pre-fall. And since it's already been said that there's a presentation of the F/W collection in Paris I don't see why this would be the F/W but Squizree is right, it's a huge for a pre-F/W collection, 62 looks?!

I also don't see why such large references to the S/S collection would me made in F/W. You guys have confused me!

In any case, it's all gorgeous. I love the ripped black dresses and the bone print dresses, typical McQueen of course, in particular.

front row

This is horrible.

01-03-2010
backstage pass

Pre-fall so soon? I don't get this...

front row

amazing. omg.

01-03-2010
V.I.P.

^Well pre-fall does, after all, come before fall... Designers showed their pre-fall collections a while ago, but this is just now making it to the official website. As hautechild said, there's already a thread for this. The images on the site are just the full precollection, rather than the edited-down version that gets sent to the press.

I haven't really followed McQueen's precollections that closely, so I could be wrong, but I'd assume that the huge amount of looks is pretty standard, as I'm sure very, very little of the fall/winter and spring/summer collections makes it to stores.

Quote:
Ok I don't get it... This is pre fall yes? Thus it was designed by McQueen (as I cannot see the design team banging this out in just two weeks) and is a hint to what we can expect from the show/presentation in Paris? I didn't think now was the time for pre fall unless they released it early because of the circumstances...
I think it was designed by McQueen as much as his previous precollections, i.e. his head assistant (Sarah Burton, I believe) probably did much of the actual designing, directed by McQueen.

01-03-2010
backstage pass

This is ridiculously good for a "pre" collection.
It is amazing see this which is considered a Pre-Fall collection & seeing countless mediocre actual Runway collections this season that WISH they were close to being this good.

I wonder if that assistant girl that was mentioned designs these collections.

Last edited by Merveille; 01-03-2010 at 09:43 PM.
01-03-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead View Post
^Well pre-fall does, after all, come before fall... Designers showed their pre-fall collections a while ago, but this is just now making it to the official website. As hautechild said, there's already a thread for this. The images on the site are just the full precollection, rather than the edited-down version that gets sent to the press.

I haven't really followed McQueen's precollections that closely, so I could be wrong, but I'd assume that the huge amount of looks is pretty standard, as I'm sure very, very little of the fall/winter and spring/summer collections makes it to stores.
You're right, Pre Fall was shown some time ago haha, but since this appeared so late I couldn't remember that prefall 2010 had already came out and then I thought it was too early to come out... such a mess xD.

And no, this isn't standard, McQueen's prefalls usually are 30 outfits, this is a huuuuuuge collection :S haha lol

windowshopping

Amazing prefall collection, but it does make me a little emotional, just thinking of the circumstances and the lost potential

Nevertheless, I loved all of it; his twist on the traditional suit and the prints... oh the prints. No matter how many times I see those prints, I never get tired of them Gorge!

02-03-2010
V.I.P.

Absolutely magnificent.

02-03-2010
windowshopping

the structured evening gowns with the tulle at the bottom

02-03-2010
rising star

could anyone rip the photos from the website and upload here?

02-03-2010
old-fashioned

alexandermcqueen.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, alexander, f or w, lookbook, mcqueen, pre