How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-10-2009
chaos reigns

So I watched the video .. at the beggining I was very pleased with the first half of the show ... Ill admit it ran a bit too long for my taste of the same silhouette over and over again .. but the very subtle changes and teh PRINTS are to die for ... the snake print seems an obvious continuation from last season .. and added some other moth wing prints which were quite pleasing ....

The shoes were WAY out there .. they looked like whales skipping on the ocean ...

And the second half seemed much more MCQueen to me ... the shapes and the construction was just amazing .... the theme of the show ... Atlantis .. I have no idea why but reminded me way back when he did HC for Givenchy ...

Anyhooo .. Bravo, Lee! its j´adorable!

06-10-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Wood View Post
I read in an interview with Cathy Horyn a few weeks ago that these materials were completely new and allowed him to work in a different way. It was fascinating because he was discussing with her how he, guesquiere, simons and a few other were all on this quest for this new loom that everyone had visualized but it hadn't been invented yet! If you are interested in the future of fashion its definitely worth a read, on the T magazine website which is part of the new york times!
Where abouts in the website? I can't seem to find the article

In my opinion, this is definitely a huge highlight in the whole of S/S 10. Everything is so incredible. The shoes I really want to try on and see what they are like! They are so strangely intriguing. McQueen really does think outside the norm.

Last edited by solitaryraven; 06-10-2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Input more opinions
06-10-2009
backstage pass

I'm stuck between him and Phoebe for best of show. I really would liked to have seen more of this in suit form as well, I think his materials research is second to none and how he seems to mold and manipulate it really extraordinary and apparently borrowed from research done last season at Calvin Klein according to Cathy Horyn. Really masterful stuff, but then it always is when he sticks to his guns and produces what he likes as opposed to doing much compromise.

V.I.P.

it's good, very alienesque but a reminiscent of SS/09

06-10-2009
tfs star

i just have to say it.... "I die"

06-10-2009
front row

amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

06-10-2009
backstage pass

amazing collections, first I was expecting to see the show live, but I had class (and it's not my fault because the damn website said It started at 20.15) but after seeing the whole collection, It's really McQueen, and of course, I loved it, very futuristic, It remembered a bit last season, but the print were great!

06-10-2009
barcode

Half way through watching the full video the dresses (and it really was just one long parade of dresses when you get down to it) started looking identical to me. At this point I'm sick of this trend of using graphic engineered photo prints as the basis for a design. Using an interesting print does not automatically mean that you've created an interesting garment. The prints are beautiful, and maybe if he hadn't based his last spring collection around the same idea I'd be more impressed by them, but strip them away and what you're left with isn't all that exciting.

Beyond being a beautifully realized show, there wasn't much here that impressed me. I'd be fine with him opting to show theatrical runway pieces instead of the actual clothes he'll sell, but only if those runway pieces are really out of this world creative. Most of these dresses just don't meet that criteria for me, because most of these dresses aren't all that theatrical. They just have extra folds and points.

I expect more imagination from a collection bearing the McQueen name.

06-10-2009
windowshopping

mcqueen my love
I do looove Mcqueen.

seems kind of space-ish, the make up is just crazy!!!! can't wait to see the full collection...

06-10-2009
rising star

he just blew all paris shows away! bravo!!!!!

06-10-2009
rising star

I can't stand...especially the shoes!

V.I.P.

This will be THE show people talk about years in the future.

06-10-2009
trendsetter

OH MY FLIPPING GOD!
I THINK McQUEEN SINGLE HANDENDLY MADE fashion week interesting this season! GOOD LORD ITS AMAZING!

backstage pass

The Shoes.

06-10-2009
V.I.P.

I'm really in love with the presentation more than the clothes themselves. I find myself bored with the dress silhouette over and over again no matter how ingenius and captivating the photographic prints are. They were looking a bit like Pilotto in a animalistic way. Also imo, the second half near the end is where the clothes get much stronger. And I love the shoes. What he never fails to do is creating a moment in fashion and this one really solidifies that. I wish the clothes lived up to that. Nonetheless, still a highlight of the season

Last edited by kiddokiddo; 06-10-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
10, alexander, mcqueen, paris, s or s