How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-10-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche DuBois View Post
I cant even watch it
I mean I got scared by looking at those shoes, they're so f**king weird! come on!!!...
and the clothes, the girls, they are all frightening to me
believe me, it's not flattering, it's a really disgusting and scary collection
I definitely dont know whats wrong with him

100% Agree!!!

07-10-2009
scenester

I think Mc Queen made those printed fabrics work. I like how he incorporated the prints into the cutting of the garments. the most successful ones I think are the short dresses with the involved tops and simpler bottoms because they are more flattering. I also like the ones where he added trimmings, embellishment to compliment the prints. And the brown/white floral printed ones are gorgeous, very classy. take away all the blockbuster special effects extravaganza, and what you have are beautifully cut dresses made with stunning fabrics

07-10-2009
windowshopping

I absolutely LOVE this collection!
The whole concept is great, the strange model looks and the shoes add even more to it.
Simply wonderful!

backstage pass

OMG the fabrics prints and colors! Nothing short of gorgeous-the best part!

But I really dislike the hair, but I think it makes sense. Thank god the makeup is tolerable and not like last season. I don't really know what to think of the shoes-the ones that cover the top part of the foot and sometimes ankle are ugly, but the ones that let the op part are okay. They're captivating, Ill give him that.

Of course some of it is repeated-the prints look like last spring, but they're still gorgeous. I will admit that some of the fabrics and prints in #108 looks carpet-like, but overall I love them. I don't really like the poetic/moody/avant-garde silhouette he always does that much, but it's not really my cup of tea. He's the master of it, but unlike other designers in that area I can really appreciate them though, which is important.
Some of it does look too costume-y, like a lot of McQueen collections. They'd be great costumes, but he's not a costume designer

But Overall I really like it. I love the background, the certain delicacy of it and the HQs-amazing

07-10-2009
DÔMMkammern

maybe i skipped it, but i think nobody mentioned this yet (if so please mods delete this)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reK0A1XIjKA

V.I.P.

Techno Revolution
PARIS — The most dramatic revolution in 21st-century fashion took place this week under the sweeping eyes of two giant robots. As they rolled down the stage at the Alexander McQueen show, the machines cast their cameras in diverse directions to project images on to the ever-changing kaleidoscope of a backdrop.

Out there in cyberspace, 29,000 hits in one second crashed the live show, which took the British designer back to his roots as an extraordinary showman. Fashion followers had wanted to experience the in-the-round filming and hear the debut of Lady Gaga’s new soul pop single.

“It’s quite daunting and scary to acknowledge the transformation that is going on in the world,” said Mr. McQueen, whose Twitter posts have already linked him to his public.

This show was intensely thought out and a full-on techno revolution. It started with a screening of snakes writhing over a bare body that was laid out on the sand, before the show plunged into its underwater theme: creatures of the deep printed on to the carapace of a mini-crinoline, each individual digital pattern engineered to the body.

The shoes alone were monstrous creations, with claw heels extending from crab-shaped platforms.

The show softened with the arrival of jodphur pants, grossly full at the hips as though drowning in water. But the extraordinary beauty of these other-worldly clothes came when dresses had a jellyfish transparency or looked like a body encased in gilded sand. The sophistication of the clothes, the intricacy of the workmanship and the ecological swell of the narrative were spellbinding.

Mr. McQueen’s partner in this underwater adventure, which he named “Plato’s Atlantis,” was Nick Knight and his 9-year-old SHOWstudio, which has been the crucible of techno developments in fashion.

Mr. Knight, who currently has a dedicated exhibition at London’s Somerset House, grasped way ahead of YouTube and Facebook the power of the Internet to bring fashion alive on film and link it to the wider world. He expects the McQueen video to reach 40 million people as it spreads this month.

“It gives people a fuller understanding of clothes,” said Mr. Knight, who worked from a techno hub at the Omni-Sport center in Paris, where the show was filmed. But those words do not begin to explain the reach of SHOWstudio nor its grasp of the generational change that can make fashion into an interactive dialogue between creator and consumer.

The Alexander McQueen brand is part of Gucci group and its chief executive, Robert Polet, is totally supportive of bringing fashion into the digital world. Front row at the show, he described Mr. McQueen’s label as the most techno-forward in the group.

“It is not about five years or three years, it is about now,” said Mr. Polet. “It is the biggest game change we are going to experience and embrace. It’s going to touch every aspect of our business. It enables brands to be interactive with their customers and that intensity brings more emotion. It is one of these things that changes the landscape — and what an opportunity!”

suzy menkes, nytimes.com

07-10-2009
backstage pass

Good old Menkes!

07-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjacapella View Post
maybe i skipped it, but i think nobody mentioned this yet (if so please mods delete this)
Someone DID mention it, but no one posted the video...anyhow I've always loved that clip of Shalom. She really worked it, handled the role she had to play....After its over she looks so dizzy.

07-10-2009
V.I.P.

Suzy:
Quote:
The most dramatic revolution in 21st-century fashion took place this week under the sweeping eyes of two giant robots.
What!? No. Other designers have streamed their shows for years. (Dolce did it way back in 2005 if I'm not mistaken.) I fail to see the reasoning McQueen's any different. (I'd say most of the kudos should go to Knight for his consistant awesomeness and Gaga for crashing the server. McQueen's brilliant, but the show (the actual show show, not the clothing) wasn't great enough to warrant such high praise.

07-10-2009
backstage pass

The best of this season!

07-10-2009
trendsetter

Ah~ I'm out of words.

McQueen never disappoints!

07-10-2009
tfs star

the shapes are nice as well as the prints, although they remind me too much of ss09

07-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
the best fashion spectacle of the season !!!
un.believ.able !

I think this is best show in how he made up his ideas come true in reality.
almost an art-fashion piece. is it ?

about the clothes. well, it's now not a secret that McQueen is interested by nature and this new ecologic-moral (spreading on the world). and i feel close to what he thinks about the insect-animal-human mutants. but unfortunately for the moment, i feel only the shoes achieve this idea. the fabrics seem to be on the same perspective. but unfortunately, we won't experiment those until they hit the stores.

this is seriously one very interesting thing !!!!!!!!!!!
i can't blame people who feel bored. but just try to make this show in perspective with previous shows. and you'll see this is a serie. like a serie of piece of art.
someone told me recently (i was itwing curators abt some exhibitions ... and we came to talk about a serie of exhibitions that i thought were already old. 10 yrs ago and one was only 5 yrs ago).
"you like fashion, right ? that's why you may think this is old. you, fashion ppl, think everything is old after 6 months. that's bull**** ! 6 months is not enough time to have enough back-view on it. and see how it emerges in the world .... blablabla"
How i agree... He's so sensitive to moral and nature. Good for his fantasy.
This was a fantastic show. I also adore the idea behind it.

i don't want the real McQueen because he proved his talent in cut, so now he can afford this kind of spectacle.

Lagerfeld said this 6-months-period une fois, non?

trendsetter

Best of the season hands down. Furking amaaazing collection!!

07-10-2009
windowshopping

MCQ is always the best!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
10, alexander, mcqueen, paris, s or s