How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-10-2009
windowshopping

Amazing! Those shoes were so creepy and very very fetish-y. Watch for this shoe to be photographed to death in upcoming spreads. Poor models, at one point in the show a couple not so experieinced walkers really looked scared to walk!

07-10-2009
V.I.P.

I join those rare few who loved the shoes, would try them in a heatbeat!

This was just magnificent, from the presentation to the clothes, epic!

07-10-2009
windowshopping

For me this was the best of the entire season. Alexander Mcqueen is a Master. I mean I died when I saw this. The shoes, the showmanship, the print patterns on the fabrics.. Ahhhhmazing...!

windowshopping

I enjoyed the shoes for the daringness, though i find most of them very unflattering.
i enjoyed the spectacle of the show, but don't find the clothes (removed from all that spectacle) to be all that special.

I appreciate the presentation though and all the effort. Would've loved that combined with much more amazing clothes.

07-10-2009
trendsetter

OMG THOSE DETAIL SHOTS UGHHHHH holy lord i want those shoes!

scenester

i keep coming back to this! i love the collection soo much

no tom ford, no thanks.

if only lee mcqueen had a way to translate his genius designs into something that might actually turn a profit for his house. since no one seems to notice: he's clearly trying to close in on the vacuum that theyskens left with respect to the super "it shoe" with those almost unwearable designs. and while they're fanciful, one wonders how many women -- really, in the world -- both find them beautiful and have the money to pay for these near sculptures.

as always, these clothes find themselves utterly impeccable. i'm a little worried however because many of these pieces seem like he's doing an imitation of himself. there's a spiritual disconnect between the work he's doing right now and the work he showed when we knew his heart was in it. also, i'm quite dismayed at how these clothes seem to say nothing about our times at all. they'll certainly make for wonderful editorial fodder in the midst of all of the other futurism we've seen however.

Not Thinking About Time

Best of the season by far already watched the video twice I want a pair of the insane shoes.

Portfolio Last FM
08-10-2009
V.I.P.

It's totaly amazing and entirely unwearable. It'll look perfect in editorials but apart from very few items I don't see anyone actually wearing this without causing a riot of the embarrassing kind.

windowshopping

all i could think as i watched this was "oh nooooo, more ammunition for Anna Dello Russo to look even more ridiculous next season."

08-10-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
It's totaly amazing and entirely unwearable. It'll look perfect in editorials but apart from very few items I don't see anyone actually wearing this without causing a riot of the embarrassing kind.
But I wish people would wear it in real life. It would make things so much more interesting...

08-10-2009
rising star

McQueen is a genius. I love him to death, and hope that he makes enough profit to keep producing what he does best.

Not my favorite show of his but this was incredible.

08-10-2009
backstage pass

is there any more detail hqs?

08-10-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
if only lee mcqueen had a way to translate his genius designs into something that might actually turn a profit for his house. since no one seems to notice: he's clearly trying to close in on the vacuum that theyskens left with respect to the super "it shoe" with those almost unwearable designs. and while they're fanciful, one wonders how many women -- really, in the world -- both find them beautiful and have the money to pay for these near sculptures.
Mcqueen has done sculptural surrealist shoes before Theyskens bothered with the idea. I think it's clear that half of what was done for this show, the shoes, the stage with Nick Knight, the Lady Gaga finale, were to draw attention and in a way relaunch the brand. When PPR took over Gucci group they gave all their unprofitable brands a deadline to get out of the red, if they weren't making money I doubt they would have bothered with such a production.

The real story of this collection are the prints and we'll see them on everything from t-shirts to knit dresses, to accessories come February. And you know what? The prints are so strong is that they'll sell a 2k jersey dress like it was laced with platinum.

I went into the Mcqueen store in meatpacking and not only were there wonderful wearable clothes that still maintained the designer's integrity and vision, but women (and men) were snapping it up. If you look at his line, Mcqueen has got his product range down in concrete, and I wouldn't be surprised if he sells quite well. The budget for this show had to be staggering, I can't imagine PPR would ok such an expense, not in this economy, if the brand was struggling.

Spring 08

from style.com

Last edited by Mutterlein; 08-10-2009 at 10:44 AM.
08-10-2009
front row

This collection is the most artistic of the spring collections.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
10, alexander, mcqueen, paris, s or s