How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-03-2010
Wanderlust

That is so amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!

12-03-2010
rising star

*several hours later*

What I would give for HQs of those patterns

backstage pass

THE HQ OF THE PRINT (just found one)

scanned by me from MilkX Magazine / augustinewong.wordpress.com

rising star

Thank you wongak!!!

10-06-2010
front row

^^ all those works with the prints and the shapes are truly remarcable. NO ONE LIKE HIM!

11-06-2010
trendsetter

Not sure if anyone is aware but they now have one of the snake print dresses in the V&A , I visited in April. I got quite emotional seeing it as I wasn't expecting it at all. I'd recommend going to see it up close.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
Thanks for your comments! I do also think that as fashion "art", this falls short. In the end, if you look at sea creatures, they have fantastical exo-skeletal structures which could be better interpreted in the structures and constructions rather than just prints, beads, textures. I don't mean for McQueen to copy Danielle Scut or Mario Schwab, but to push in a different direction from them, but at least at that level of imagination and fashion adventurism, ykwim? And they are "classiser" going about this because they present their works without the bells and whistles, and it's up to the intrigued audience to make associations - skeletons, cages, etc.

Actually, for a change, I just want to see a minimal collection from McQueen, a Bruno Pieters kind of collection, to really appreciate his tailoring talent, and to see him present a variety of skills. This, I feel, is a bit too "facile" - themed to drive up the excitement, to do a "show", for special effects, too Cirque du Soleil entertainment, when all I want is to see the art of the REAL McQueen. I'd rather he saves all these special effects and spend the time and money experimenting with different shapes, proportions, etc...I only ever saw a "waisted" silhouette from him, the corset construction, etc. That furthers fashion more, imho. We know that Galliano and Karl Lagerfeld need to blow their money on all that staged productions to sell merchandise, otherwise known as "hype". :p OMG, the fans are going to come after me now.
McQueen is overrated, but comparing him to Danielle Scut, Mario Schwab and Bruno Pieters is, to say the least, baffling. His skills as a pattern cutter can't be compared to the abilities of those so-called designers.

20-06-2012
fashion insider

Besides, there was no need for him to be "minimal" to show his talent. His tailoring skills can be clearly appreciated in some of his latest shows (which are not minimal at all).

20-06-2012
V.I.P.

What a genius, just amazing. Thanks for posting!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
10, alexander, mcqueen, paris, s or s