How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-10-2012
tfs star

wow this is such an improvement compared to how atrocious the last collection was... i really like everything... except of course those last 4 dresses... they never really happen.

02-10-2012
front row

Alexander McQueen is officially gone, his legacy has been buried under fluffy try-to-hard dresses. Sara Burton's collections have became very predictible (i hate to see a bloddy red dress every season) also, why is she obsessed with cover the models faces?

rising star

I really, really like aspects of it but other parts are just...ugly and too try hard, imo.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPedro View Post
I absolutely love this! People, McQueen is dead, nobody is gonna design clothes like he did so let him go and try to see how great and exciting this new take to the brand is.
I agree with this. It's time to stop comparing everything Burton does with McQueen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepetitcouturier View Post
Mcqueen the brand is dead, after Fall 2010 there's nothing that could show how amazing he was, and they shouuld've stopped. It's one of the most disrespectful things they could do after his death to continue his brand just for the money.
Alexander McQueen created an entire fantasy or world in his designs that I think in a sea of RTW designs needs to be continued and explored. Yes, McQueen who was the original god of the vision has passed on but that doesn't mean his inspired aesthetic and the creativity he was pushing through his label needs to die out. There are few designers left I feel that are really exploring the intricately detailed and ethnically diverse vision of the brand Alexander McQueen. McQueen had set the standard and created the archives, now it is someone else turn to explore and interpret that vision.

Along with the lose of John Galliano I feel most labels are becoming focused on minimalism and RTW. I'm glad we still have such designers as Sarah Burton who are still presenting imagination and fantasy in their designs. She will never be McQueen, but that fact that she is continuing his legacy is important.

02-10-2012
backstage pass

Well, I think it's disrespectful to McQueen to always try to find someone who is comparable and take his place. And simply unfair to Burton. What we have here is a beautiful collection done by someone who is worthy enough to carry on his legacy, however.

Last edited by lawaldorf; 02-10-2012 at 10:09 PM.
02-10-2012
front row

The details in this collection are amazing. A big improvement from last season which was fur all over. And not to ignore the fact that some clothes are quite wearable.

02-10-2012
fashion elite

Alexander McQueen | Spring Summer 2013 | Preview/Full Edited Show

front row

Everything is just plain ugly

I actually love the first collection of Sarah a lot; but wow, after that everything just gets worse. She uses the same silhouettes all over again. And the corset, I'm sick of it. And really, those last dresses? They look like cheap Halloween costumes for kids.

02-10-2012
barcode

Overwrought and cheesy; two words I never thought I'd use to describe a McQueen collection.

What in the hell is this? What is she thinking? The gap between what's shown on the runway and what ends up in stores couldn't possibly be wider. It's a canyon at this point. On top of ALL that I find this almost entirely hideous. Not hideous in a challenging way, not hideous in an interesting way, hideous in a just downright ugly way.

02-10-2012
fashion icon

It's stunning, the clothes are full of drama itself. Another impeccable collection.

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

A lot of this does not look flattering. Some of the color combinations are just plain atrocious.

I know I can't expect much from Sarah Burton seeing as how she's only been the head of McQueen for 2 years, but I'm tired of seeing the same silhouettes and motifs in her collections. Those buttercup gowns with the panniers at the end are undoubtedly the second ugliest creations I've seen all season next to Celine's shoes. This is better than Dolce & Gabbana... though I don't think that's much of an accomplishment.

03-10-2012
MON
V.I.P.

I love this! There were some misses but over all, this was a lovely collection!

03-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawaldorf View Post
Well, I think it's disrespectful to McQueen to always try to find someone who is comparable and take his place. And simply unfair to Burton. What we have here is a beautiful collection done by someone who is worthy enough to carry on his legacy, however.
I very much agree. Yes, Burton isn't McQueen. But this is gorgeous, even if it might be more feminine. So many stunning pieces! I really appreciate that Sarah Burton took over!

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

so boring

fashion elite

HQ

vogue.it

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, alexander, mcqueen, paris, s or s