How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-10-2013
V.I.P.

I'm still baffled by this. The entire design team had almost 3 months for this and they came up with 30 looks that are really only 8-10? Is this a joke?

01-10-2013
tfs star

You know I don't think it's really all that bad, I like where she was headed I just think it wasn't all that well developed. I still have hope.

01-10-2013
rising star

Alexander clothes were alive. These are souless zombies.

01-10-2013
fashion elite

Bless her heart.

01-10-2013
V.I.P.

She certainly went out on a limb. The first looks are quite striking, but once the collection hits the white pieces it kind of loses me.

What's with the tribalism in Paris? We've seen so many different forms of it, but "tribes" of various kinds seems to be one common thread.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
01-10-2013
rising star

I definitely think there are some good ideas behind this whole trainwreck, but Sarah is too occupied with creating the "spectacle", something I don't think she's even comfortable with. Her pre-fall and resort are usually very good, and she should have just stuck with creating great, non-fussy clothes

01-10-2013
God Save McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanhuq View Post
Every season I say to myself "Well it can't get any worse than this" (Apart from last season though.) But yet Sarah loves to surprise me and make even more hideous clothes!
LOL, my thoughts exactly. This is such an insult to the McQueen legacy. Whats even worse is that she puts out these hideous, overly designed clothes on the runway and then what is produced and sold in stores is bland and matronly

01-10-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Cowture View Post
I definitely think there are some good ideas behind this whole trainwreck, but Sarah is too occupied with creating the "spectacle", something I don't think she's even comfortable with. Her pre-fall and resort are usually very good, and she should have just stuck with creating great, non-fussy clothes
I do agree with that!!! This McQueens shows are becoming so dumb.. I'm mostly a fan of their pre-fall and resort colletions rather than these shows.

tfs star

Absolutely. She should stick to her strengths and also play a little. She is no Alexander McQueen(who is?), but I think she was good when she's not pressured to live up to McQueen's dramatic presentations. I miss McQ but I have accepted that in Sarah's hand, the clothes will no longer be what it used to be...tho I believe they probably sold much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Cowture View Post

01-10-2013
fashion icon

What a damn eyesore!

01-10-2013
front row

It all went downhill after her first collection. I tried to tell myself 'things couldn't get worse than this because it's rock bottom' but Sarah clearly knows how to surprise me every single time.

02-10-2013
V.I.P.

I thought she was pretty good when she first took over, but season after season I see the DNA eroding. It's not evolving at all; if anything, it's devolving. I understand she is her own designer and the brand must move on - but there lacks any true evolving of the McQueen DNA. As previously mentioned, Lee was a story teller. The clothes told the story. This is like a costume party, or as Lolasvelts mentioned, a parody of the real Lee rather than a compliment to his now legendary work. If Sarah can weave a story of her own I wouldn't be so harsh, but now this is becoming almost as bad as Guyton for Galliano.

02-10-2013
scenester

I am sooo proud of the tfs community. when every single,fashion critic in the industry thinks this was a great show, you guys actually had the balls and good taste to call it out for the crap it actually is!!!!!!

front row

Last edited by Menace; 02-10-2013 at 03:29 AM.
02-10-2013
front row

These dresses are hideous

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, alexander, mcqueen, paris, s or s