How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-10-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
For a woman designing for women, Burton sure does like to suppress the female body
This is spot on.

Lee had an intrinsic understanding and reverence of the female form that translated to often fiercely cut but incredible beautiful and wearable clothes.

This collection looks like it was drafted on a page and stuck onto the body, the lines and prints fight against the natural shape and the upshot is, it all looks horrible.

Iíve stopped feeling sad and upset about the state of the collections Burton has designed. Sheís a brilliant technical designer but the house needs a wild imagination. One that doesnít just take elements of different cultures and straps them together with some bondage lines but has a flowing, visionary narrative running through every piece.

I see those butt-ugly frou frou hip shapes are still there in the final dresses, albeit rendered in feathers.

02-10-2013
fashion icon

it's interesting to see different aspect of her design after repetitions, but it's not that stand out like it should have been. I saw many strong pieces however as a whole I find it underwhelmed.

02-10-2013
tfs star

some of those patterns make me kind of dizzy

04-10-2013
front row

The concept is good.
But after taking hold of the house for several collections, the proportions by Sarah just don't work for me.

05-10-2013
front row

rising star

When I look at this collection again, I actually quite like the first half. The coat on #7 is a smashing piece, and look #8 on Kaitlin Aas is very beautiful without being too suffocated in her unnecessary obsession with creating drama.

The trainwreck started when she goes to town with those ugly wedding-cake-lace and those things are not pleasing to the eyes. Then, the goddamn feathers happened out of nowhere, and those finale dresses are just among the ugliest outfits this season. The boobs of the models look like they're exploding into clouds and their hips are many times bigger. What woman would want to look like that? WHO?

Sarah is amazing with tailoring, and I'm frustrated because she seems unable to be satisfied with creating simple clothes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, alexander, mcqueen, paris, s or s