How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-05-2005
backstage pass

Alexander McQueen's Best Fashion Website
Alexander McQueen's website has been voted the best fashion website in the 9th annual international Webby Awards. He is the second British designer to win a webby after Paul Smith was the first back in 2000.

05-05-2005
windowshopping

Thanks for mentioning this. The web page designer did a great job. Shows the entire current season's line of clothes and allows for detail shots. Plus it gives all the ordering info and the details of fabrics and skins used. The layout is easy to use and loads relatively quickly. And there is an interesting film showing (I think it's the Spring 2004 show with the chess game), and splices of other shows. I would encourage everone to visit the page and discover the magic of Alexander McQueen!

05-05-2005
crossed wires.

That's a fantastic website o stelios, thanks for posting!!!

05-05-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK_Wilde
Thanks for mentioning this. The web page designer did a great job.
Agreed. I love the site's layout.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK_Wilde
Thanks for mentioning this. The web page designer did a great job. Shows the entire current season's line of clothes and allows for detail shots. Plus it gives all the ordering info and the details of fabrics and skins used. The layout is easy to use and loads relatively quickly. And there is an interesting film showing (I think it's the Spring 2004 show with the chess game), and splices of other shows. I would encourage everone to visit the page and discover the magic of Alexander McQueen!
Besides all this, it is a very beautiful site! His old site was really ugly.

05-05-2005
barcode

Honestly, it could be much better. I mean, there are sites with much more features, like show videos and ad campaigns and what not......I dunno, it wouldn't be my first choice, that's for sure.

05-05-2005
front row

I have to disagree with Spike413. His site is really incredible. It may not be the best looking one, as in it's not as bright or attractive or welcoming as others, but it is easily navigable. It doesn't have any difficult scrolling pictures like Marc Jacobs or too many links to get to where you want to go like other fashion websites I've seen. Everything is right there when you enter and so easy to navigate that even a 6 year old could do it.

I really love the website and am happy that it won. Hopefully other designers will get their ideas from his website for when the time comes around for them to remodel theirs.

<3 Me.

I'm game to play along.

05-05-2005
User Friendly

It would be nice if it had more features though.. I really love Galliano's website

05-05-2005
V.I.P.

If it showed more videos like Dior's then I would love it. Dior's site is better, harder to navigate but it's more comprehensive.

06-05-2005
trendsetter

This is great news. I love the McQueen site.

06-05-2005
front row

Yup, totally love the site with all the details

fashion insider

I love the simplicity of it and also very easy to navigate

barcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
If it showed more videos like Dior's then I would love it. Dior's site is better, harder to navigate but it's more comprehensive.
Yes, if it had the videos it would be tops...but sorry to say that Dior and Galliano take top ranks in my book.

06-05-2005
V.I.P.

Yea I think it is the best fashion website as well. It's quite comprehensize and easy to navigate (unlike Dior's website ).

Plus it's very well designed.

06-05-2005
V.I.P.

my only complaint is that nearly all of these fashion websites lack the PRICES of the clothes/accessories/whatever. mcqueen and dior's are amazing because they list the descriptions, catalogue numbers and such of the clothing pieces (not to mention mcqueen's site shows the clothes in nice detail), but they fail to list any kind of retail price for them, which i think would be helpful. gucci and bottega veneta are two of the only labels i know who list all prices, as well as the catalogue numbers etc.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alexander, fashion, mcqueen, website