How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-02-2013
tfs star

Alexander Wang F/W 13.14 New York
And Wang starts ...

source: alexanderwang.bumebox.com

09-02-2013
V.I.P.

Alexander Wang F/W 13.14 New York

-my screenshots from style.com

09-02-2013
V.I.P.

-my screenshots from style.com

09-02-2013
V.I.P.

brilliant collection

09-02-2013
backstage pass

aaaam, a true letdown....

09-02-2013
V.I.P.

I'm 50/50 with this collection. I'm so done with his use of whites, blacks, and grays. He's been doing it for numerous seasons and it's getting a bit unbearable at this point. I did, however, love the shapes of the outerwear pieces. There were some fantastic trousers that had a skirt-like piece attached to them. I'll definitely be coveting those next F/W season.

tfs star

1st look

source: twitter.com/VogueParis

fashion insider

I have to say this was a pretty good collection from him, I'm really going to try my best on not throwing the designer references (although Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2009 came into mind with those elbow length fur gloves) But I'm really in love with everything in the collection, the second half of the show was my favorite.

tfs star

The clothes aren't that flattering, are a little bit boxy, but this was a beautiful and fresh collection! The touch he did on the shoes were spectacular!
I love seeing how Alexander is growing every single season always experimenting and keeping things cool and modern, with a vision always modern and unique!

trendsetter

I honestly am so confused right now, the most underwhelming collection. As much as I love fur Wang has proven to me you can overuse fur in such a weird way, there was no need for the 'gloves' on the first so many looks they were so distracting. (May I also add Rick Owens hoods anyone?) The backless wool/fur wedges also confused me majorly and the models proved how impractical there where when you could see them struggling to walk making sure their foot stayed in the shoe. Flat shoes on the runway were next, my biggest pet peeve is flat shoes on a runway. The models walks seem to become, I dont know, slightly lazy and their posture isn't as strong as it would have been wearing heels. The red ponytails threw me off, I understand it with the hooded looks as you can't see the models hair colour but when you can see their head on full show, the mismatch coloured ponytail just looked odd. The only thing I liked about this collection was the asymmetrical heels in the final few looks and the leather cut out t-shirt (the third photograph in #2) apart from that, it was a big confused yawn and i'm now on edge to see what Wang will create for Balenciaga.

Last edited by Greenway; 09-02-2013 at 04:58 PM.
09-02-2013
tfs star

The big heavy coats looked uncomfortable to walk in, and not in love with the fabrics on the coats , quite liked the grey 90s little dress / es

fashion insider

(Unecessary bad critisicm by TFS in 3..2..1....)

Last edited by GERGIN; 09-02-2013 at 05:02 PM.
09-02-2013
fashion elite

Smashing! The beggining was amazing and it went on and one. I actualy loved the use of fur, it was very interesting and the cut of the jackets was terrific. Alexander Wang has now passed by far Marc Jacobs as the most exiting show of NYFW.

09-02-2013
backstage pass

for me it's a letdown. It was unflattering, and sometimes too boxy. I felt like a la camouflage pecies were very inspired by Balenciaga.

Last edited by Egoiste; 09-02-2013 at 05:07 PM.
09-02-2013
fashion insider

He still doesn't demonstrate the ability for Balenciaga. I fear of what's to come in Paris...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, alexander, f or w, wang, york