How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Alexander Wang for H&M

Quote:
Alexander Wang announced his partnership with H&M on Saturday night ahead of a joint party at the Coachella Valley Arts and Music festival. Wang has been on a hot streak since showing his third collection for Balenciaga and now will be covering both ends of the fashion spectrum with the Swedish fast fashion retailer.

Wang made the announcement with a video on his newly debuted Instagram account at midnight EST. The video simply stated "Alexander Wang X HM."
-wwd.com

1 Week Ago
windowshopping

I'm gonna be so broke after this!!!!!

1 Week Ago
backstage pass

Well atleast it suits his aesthetics rather than Balenciaga

1 Week Ago
tfs star

I never been so excited about h&m x dessigner collab! Can't wait to see what Wang would bring to the collections

1 Week Ago
scenester

can't wait to see what he's going to pull together

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

I'm too poor for this.

1 Week Ago
Fat Karl

Isn't T by Alexander Wang basically the same thing?

tfs star

Yaaaaayyy..

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

I would have thought Balenciaga would try to keep him a little more exclusive for a while, but nope, full on 360° commercialization here. Exciting for H&M, this is huge. But yeah, the Wang collections range is already quite big and he's not that creative that I would expect him to do anything here that he hasn't already done for A. Wang, T by or Balenciaga. Still, this will probably be pretty good (almost certainly better than all the other recent H&M collabs) and a massive hit.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Well, this is going to sell for sure. He's a very commercial designer, right up H&M's street. Good stuff, look forward to seeing some pieces!

1 Week Ago
tfs star

Can't wait

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

From the press release -

Quote:
H&M has announced that the next designer collaboration will be with Alexander Wang. The announcement was made yesterday during an event at Coachella Music Festival in Palm Springs, USA. This partnership marks the first time that an American designer has teamed up with H&M for the much-anticipated designer collaboration.

Since it was launched on the runway in 2007, the New York based Fashion Designer’s eponymous brand has firmly established itself by perpetually evolving and re-contextualizing the urban uniform. Alexander Wang’s core sensibility is a reflection on contrasts, blending seamlessly between the refined and the imperfect. His collections have an unprecious outlook on fashion, and always reflect a sense of ease.

The Alexander Wang x H&M collection will feature apparel and accessories for women and men. Typical for his irreverent approach, Wang will also propose a new take on lifestyle products that go beyond fashion. The full collection will be available in 250 H&M stores worldwide, and online from 6th November, 2014.

Alexander Wang says, “I am honoured to be a part of H&M’s designer collaborations. The work with their team is an exciting, fun process. They are very open to pushing boundaries and to set a platform for creativity. This will be a great way for a wider audience to experience elements of the Alexander Wang brand and lifestyle.”

“Alexander Wang is one of the most important voices in fashion today. He understands exactly what people want to wear and does it with an energy and passion that’s infectious. It feels incredible to be collaborating with him this year,” says Margareta van den Bosch, H&M’s Creative Advisor.

Last edited by honeycombchild; 1 Week Ago at 03:03 AM.
1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Ummm YASSSS. Can't wait, tbh.

windowshopping

Can't wait to see this !! I would have never thought of him to make an H&M collection, but I'm sure he can do something really great.

1 Week Ago
Ère de ℳodernité

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
Isn't T by Alexander Wang basically the same thing?
Yeah, that's the first thing that came to my mind...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alexander, handm, wang