How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-09-2012
V.I.P.

Many have cited Chalayan as a reference but this whole collection screamed Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci.

From the black knee-high boots in the beginning (S/S 08) and the shiny black caps (F/W 11), to the heavy use of leather and overall styling, everything seemed like it could pass for a Givenchy piece. Jourdan Dunn's look was the one that sealed the deal for me (S/S 12).

I appreciate the creativity of the open slits on the sweaters, skirts etc. but while they worked on some pieces they made others appear awkward and unflattering- case in point: the grotesque wavy, transparent skirts.

Overall, very unimpressed. It seems like the Wang label grows more insipid by the season. The creativity that made him one of a kind has dulled and faded away.

Last edited by Elfinkova; 08-09-2012 at 10:58 PM.

08-09-2012
fashion elite

sure he watched the project runway all stars, otherwise why he produced the final dresses now it's a well made collection nonetheless, the cleanest one he's ever made. yet still a feast I just want to have a lot of them.

08-09-2012
V.I.P.

such a cool show, I loved every minute of it. I am glad to see it isn't just a production and the clothes don't back it up; they do though. This was sexy, powerful, and completely unisex as well.

09-09-2012
V.I.P.

Very good and cohesive collection with a good mix of sexy and strong. I am not too fond of the shoes, though they are unique. Some of my favourite pieces are those grey print/cut out knit pieces and the shirts with zippers were cool!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
09-09-2012
trendsetter

I could feel the African wildness in this amazing collection but the else didn't excit me much. I'm kinda confused by using so many stripes and dividing the outfit into lots of subsections.

09-09-2012
fashion elite

how do we call the collage pieces in the show? is there a term to name it?

09-09-2012
clever ain't wise

Those straps could be a hit.

09-09-2012
V.I.P.

Entirely beautiful collection, i dont think there is a look here that is not successful, well done.

09-09-2012
V.I.P.

Finally, something sharper and sexier from him. Everything from the clothes to the shoes, the models and the music felt spot-on. This will defnitely be one of the shows of the season.

backstage pass

The production of this show - as most(read all) of his shows are - was excellent.

As for the garments, yes I did feel a bit Givenchy Fall 2011 It was in no way Riccardo's collection. It seemed instead to be a revitalization and reworking of some of Wang's own Fall 2011 tactics, now done in a cleaner, more Celine-esque way.

photo from EyeGandy's twitter
This is Aila Wang in what looks like a custom piece from the collection

My question is how everyone just glazed over the visors. I screamed when I saw them. Am I an abnormality or something or were you all staring at the glow in the dark pieces?

Last edited by markese91; 09-09-2012 at 08:16 AM.
09-09-2012
V.I.P.

UHQs

vogue.it

V.I.P.

vogue.it

V.I.P.

vogue.it

V.I.P.

vogue.it

backstage pass

Edgy, cutouts... at first sight it seems spectacular but on the other hand it's not thrilling, simply boring.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, alexander, s or s, wang, york