How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-02-2013
backstage pass

You posted a link to his Fall 2010 show? He can't look back at his past work as a reference? That doesn't make much sense to me, but okay. And if you're comparing that collection to Gucci 2003, which I can understand, what relevance does that have here in Fall 2013? The comparison between Gucci Fall 2003 and Altuzarra Fall 2013 doesn't exist much IMHO.

11-02-2013
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
I hate to break it to you, but it absolutely is NOT a coincidence. Ladies and gentleman, style.com is a powerful tool that is not just for the casual Internet browser. I'd wager that Mr. Altuzarra has the Balenciaga archive bookmarked on his home page.

Listen, I work in this industry and I know what goes on behind closed studio doors, and let me tell you, these designer's inspiration boards are full collection print outs from style.com. End of story.
This has nothing to do with ego. I agree with this though sadly it is disenchanting. And I agree with your call outs on this collection, Altuzarra's collections have ALWAYS been riddled with Ghesquiere-isms (And Tom Ford-isms) while his execution of those ideas is often literal and sloppy.

This new effort is about as blatant as those Gucci gypsy boots that he copied VERBATIM. And it's just as disappointing.

11-02-2013
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGIN View Post
Cathy can go shove it for all I care, the collection was a great demonstration of beautiful tailoring without all the crazy gimmicks of fashion today, not that it hasn't worked for Joseph before. I don't see much of Balenciaga in this collection as I see Carine Roitfeld, who's Joseph's biggest muse for his collections season after season.

You and I have a very very very different idea of what "beautiful tailoring" means. There's so much buckling and warping happening in these clothes, none of the fabrics are sitting on the body correctly. It looks so amateur and rushed. Maybe I just don't get it.

11-02-2013
backstage pass

I just see how Carine Roitfeld was dressed in 2004....

This is so Balenciaga. This label would not exist without 15 years of Balenciaga by Ghesquiere

V.I.P.

Quote:
And I agree with your call outs on this collection, Altuzarra's collections have ALWAYS been riddled with Ghesquiere-isms (And Tom Ford-isms) while his execution of those ideas is often literal and sloppy.

This new effort is about as blatant as those Gucci gypsy boots that he copied VERBATIM. And it's just as disappointing.

Exactly, its a very sloppy interpretation of those designers ( Nicolas Ghesquire and Tom Ford)

11-02-2013
windowshopping

Perhaps the reason why I liked this collection is because it reminds me of what I used to wear in the early Oughties. I think my nostalgia might be clouding my taste.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, altuzarra, f or w, york