How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-09-2012
V.I.P.

i am soo in love! fantastic dresses at the end with all the tassles and scarves, just gorgeous. reminds me of last season i think this is best collection so far in NY

09-09-2012
fashion insider

This is my favourite Altuzarra collection in a long time! I won't say I love every piece (I agree with everyone that it went downhill towards the end), but there are so many great looks earlier on.

V.I.P.

UHQs

vogue.it

V.I.P.

vogue.it

V.I.P.

vogue.it

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeray View Post
The heels are blatantly copied from Balenciaga. I don't understand his appeal either. He has lots of support and hype from the Vogue staff but I honestly think he only receives attention because he has a nice face...Nice face but no talent.
i dont understand it either. i expect it may be due to the fact that he is buddy-buddy with a lot of socialites.

fashion insider

As happy as I am to see some of that fringe work from last season, I was really hoping this collection would have followed more closely to the resort collection he did which I thought was splendid. It just seems some of these garments didn't have that beautifully structured fit like he had in the resort collection. I also find there are very strong similarities to the tailoring of this collection as there were in S/S 10. But to give credit where it's due, he nails it on making the perfect skirt.

V.I.P.

He gets better for me as the seasons go by. I know that the footwear was a bit clunky paired with the coats worn like capes and the scarf motif was perhaps overdone, but I really appreciated the American West/Nomadic via 21st Century Europe aesthetic that was going on here.

09-09-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

On the one hand you can really hate the guy because he does make very appealing clothes. They're young, sexy, modern and very trendy but in the best way possible. On the other hand, it's getting a bit frustrating to qlways say the same thing about him. The clothes are good BUT this piece look this collection from..., these shoes are so...etc.
It's always the same catchphrase being repeated every other season. But we can't help it because he doesn't help us. He seems to be statisfied and all the industry praise him for that so he won't change.
He delivered a very strong collection last season, with a defined aesthetic, I thought it was the one, the mature collection that would define his work from now on with his own vocabulary starting to emerge. But here, he goes back to the same mantra : the shoes, the shades and the mix of white & blue, the sharp but graphic silhouette, the scarf dresses have Ghesquière written all over them + Tom Ford debuted this shade of green at Gucci if I remember correctly.
This collection will be a success that's for sure, too bad it's not a celebration of originality.

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 09-09-2012 at 11:47 AM.
09-09-2012
fashion elite

i dont think i would wear any of this in the summer

Mr. Magic

Accessories! (stylebistro.com)

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

13-09-2012
Mr. Magic

.... (stylebistro.com)

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

13-09-2012
backstage pass

The first looks were really great, and it got worse and worse as the show went on. The fringes ruined lots of the outfits for me, and the boots and tall sandals were awful. I wish he would stick with the first part of the collection.

13-09-2012
fashion insider

Do You Believe What Nina's Comments..."Original" And "doing Someting New" ???? Is She For Real?

13-09-2012
fashion insider

I will admit though, This has to be his best collection to date!
The prints he used were genius and the colors he paired them with were brilliant.
The shoes, though nothing new were still gorgeous.
The dresses didn't move me as much but I did love the look he's pushing this season

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, altuzarra, s or s, york