How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-07-2006
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

am glad that this collection is flattering unlike most of the collections he usually does. i see the 80s r really back

05-07-2006
V.I.P.

Ph wiw! Evening dresses are fabulous!

05-07-2006
tfs star

omg, I'm really surprised that I like this..I'm quite excited about seeing such beautiful dresses..I was expecting to be able to make a smart comment on how boring I thought it was going to be but I really like this a lot..

05-07-2006
fashion icon

gorgeous dresses as always
i love the strictness in his designs

05-07-2006
V.I.P.

It's very reminiscent of Hardy Amies - the tailoring of the suits....

I was expecting blahness but there's a sumptuous quality to the steely sleekness that I really love.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
05-07-2006
V.I.P.

some interesting shapes and textures
I especially like the hats

I guess it's nice you can usually tell that something is made by Armani.
Like the colour pallette and themes are usually the same

05-07-2006
V.I.P.

Suzy Menkes on Armani Prive
PARIS Giorgio Armani had the word to define his "Privé" collection, where the models' polite python shoes kicked off the fall/winter 2006 haute couture season.
"Legiardra" he said, using an arcane adjective meaning "lightness" that you would be more likely to find when reading Dante than on the lips of Italy's football supporters.
Although Armani himself wore everyman's sporty uniform of black jacket, loose pants and white sneakers to take a bow against a backdrop of transparent plastic strips, the show itself, with its fans of pleats swooping up to a collar and drapes whirling into a flower at the rear, was far from the designer's credo of convinced modernism.
It was more streamlined and, indeed, lighter than previous Privé shows, as though Armani is finally getting somewhere with this fancy line. But it was still complex in its mix of fabrics, so that the favored python would appear on one side of a bodice and a patterned piece on the other, or lace would be inserted where a back turned.
Yet the front row was loving it - even if it may not have been quite the ticket for rock-back-the-clock Cher. She was tossing her mane over a jeans jacket, her denim outfit tricked out with silver jewelry from Chrome Hearts, the Los Angeles jeweler which puts knuckle dusters on Karl Lagerfeld and opened a store this week on Avenue Montaigne.
Other clients offered a rare sight in today's couture: Jacqueline de Ribes, Beatrice Santo Domingo and Marjorie Gubelmann Raein all ticking their favorites on the program.
There is then a clientele for Armani's look, which, with its bold black and white outfits and firm construction, conjured up another antique Italian expression: ceremonia, or special occasion dressing. Although they are getting softer and more whimsical, the designer is still showing cocktail hats, such as a dragon fly perched on the spiky hair, with the same motif used for jewelry and bags.
Small jackets, the skirts fanning out in pleats was a good dressy look. Armani said backstage his clients loved fur, so he teamed up with Saga to produce a chinchilla coat, that looked chic over a pants suit, and one of those messy evening stoles of mink tails and wolf tassels to cover a pretty lace jacket and organdie skirt.
But here is the mystery: why does Armani, who last week in Milan re- defined his linear elegance and tailored ease with a fine men's show, want to enter a dream world of haute dressing? He, above all designers, knows that elegance is refusal. Yet his embellishments are not the postmodern flourishes you might find in architecture - and they are certainly not anything that would appear in his streamlined, tactile Armani Casa furnishings.
Armani has two choices: to see this Privé collection as a fantasy island, rejoice in his client success and hope they will be joined by sassy young royals, such as front row guests Lady Helen Taylor and Ella (Gabriella) Windsor, daughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent.
Or he can think deep and hard about how he might grow similar effects of decoration and elaboration from the deep-down well of Armani DNA.

iht.com

05-07-2006
V.I.P.

love it! one of his best hc collections so far!

05-07-2006
tfs star

that chinchilla coat on hanna!
the whole collection is very beautiful, my favourite Armani Privé show since he started at couture

a small video from parismodes.tv:
http://www.parismodes.tv/20060702185...alt/findex.php

Madeleine Vionnet.
05-07-2006
V.I.P.

I love it,and its so much bettre from his last collection.
I actually liked alot of the dresses and i loved the fur pieces
the whole collection had a jazzy vibe-love it and thats what i call chic!

05-07-2006
fashion insider

I love it, and I'm happy to see his fave models like Karoline Amaral in this show

05-07-2006
V.I.P.

This collection is so amazing! Better than previous seasons. The dresses are truly equisite.

05-07-2006
scenester

it's a classic but refreshing look
love it!!

05-07-2006
V.I.P.

I adore the fan.

There are certainly alot of Asian models in this show.

05-07-2006
V.I.P.

I adore this! The first dress in post 1 is so gorgeous. It is the kind of dress that I find attractive but also I like the suitdresses.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0607, armani, couture, f or w, haute, paris, prive