How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-03-2011
Alluring

Well, it may not be the most revolutionary collection from Nicolas, but I love it anyway.

I absolutely adore the skirts, both the opening set and the ones Querelle or Jamie wore. The length is really fantastic, so is the styling and I love it all in movement.

And I'm really amazed by the show as a whole. The floor with the soundtrack made the collection look even more fantastic.

04-03-2011
backstage pass

I liked it! Maybe not the chunky/boxy leather(?) knit tops, but the rest was good. Really good. Shoes are amazing once more (those orthopedic devices from last couple seasons were horrid)! Loved those pants with contrasting seams, very interesting take on leg wear.
What I don't get is the horse head emblem on shoes and clutches... It's nice and all, but has it any significance?

front row

Was looking forward to this show, as there have been some Cristobal Balenciaga references in the collections. Not sure what I was expecting, but I quite like this, at least compared to last season.

front row

I don't get it. It all looks hideous to me!

04-03-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

He delivered another amazing collection.
But whats really good and refreshing, is that Nicolas goes straight to the point.
Of course, there are some experementing as usual, like the knitted leather jackets or the fishnets tops which put over another garment gave a really graphic feelling and clash with the bourgeoise aesthetic. Indeed, this collection embodies perfectly an easy and pleasant refinement. The usual search for avant-garde has been put aside, to let the elegance of the clothes speak frankly. This new chic seems to be the biggest trend this season, and is logical following of the minimalism. But Nicolas presents it in a very smart and modern way. Once again its a very parisian collection, which represents a modern bourgeoise woman, comfortable with her time and her clothes. And, as always with him, there's a lot of it-pieces from the draped skirts to the exquisit prints at the beginning passing by the gorgeous shoes and all the lavish outerwear.

tfs star

the more i look at it, the more i like it

those shoes...so gorgeous

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i like this..especially the accessories

05-03-2011
V.I.P.

This has the same feeling his pre-fall collection had for me - it wasn't love at first sight for me but it had something very intriguing, like abstract clothes... I find it very interesting to examine. The punk rebel has long gone and now we have a dainty, modern, grown-up but still relevant Balenciaga woman. I loved that there's some wearability here, even though it is not easy to digest. Nicolas has gone too conceptual lately but this is a right step into wearable territory - that's why I feel it is a reminiscent of his earlier collections and I couldn't be happier without it.

And thank God for the lack of 60/70 era references... I like this collection even more just for that.

Oh, and I loved the TV static effect on the venue. It was like digital snow... so beautiful.

05-03-2011
tfs star

I find this very appealing actually. The details look wonderful when you get up close but the clothes still are still wearable, modern, and elegant, although I would say the silhouette isn't one that would be universally attractive to everyone. I would only say I am not a fan of the fishnet tunics but I like everything else.

05-03-2011
V.I.P.

finally something that doesn't make women look like robots! very chic and luxurious.

05-03-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine View Post
finally something that doesn't make women look like robots! very chic and luxurious.
Was wondering what you thought of this!

It's great that Ghesquire has finally done something relaxed, took long enough. After so many seasons of amazing but really difficult clothes this is quite nice.

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

Finally decent shoes. I haven't liked his shoes since 2005ish. These ones are wicked.

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterlein View Post
Was wondering what you thought of this!

It's great that Ghesquire has finally done something relaxed, took long enough. After so many seasons of amazing but really difficult clothes this is quite nice.
Thank you :p I have not shopped there for quite a few seasons. Really wanted to like them but couldn't. This, however, looks quite promising

One thing though: the dominant proportion (dropped waist) is not forgiving for anybody who are shorter and less slender than models. -the above is purely from a wearer's perspective

06-03-2011
trendsetter

OK, love the patterns and textures and the clutches are, obviously, absolutely TDF.

Not so sure about some of the silhouettes? Although, I think they definitely improved towards the end.

07-03-2011
Alluring

I think it's somewhat funny that Cristůbal's 60's silhouettes and cocoon shapes are flowing everywhere this season, yet Nicolas comes up with a collection that has practically nothing to do with it. Not I wouldn't like to see something from his take on the heritage again, but all his recent works, and this one in particular feel just so fresh, innovative and appropriate.

Watching the show for few times (and God knows how mesmerized I am by the venue and the soundtrack) I think the collection is the most wonderful continuation of the pre-fall presentation one would imagine. I love how the aggressive pre-fall prints and radical silhouettes transformed in their more relaxed and ligher versions.

It may be playing safe but if it goes this way, I don't feel a need for revolution.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, balenciaga, f or w, paris