Balenciaga F/W 2017.18 Paris - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2017
fashion insider

Are those archive weathertech.com skirts here? That's borderline hashtag genius work there.

06-03-2017
backstage pass

I like some of his ideas, It's very interesting and fit the brand well, very trendy with all the logo.
Some of the colouring is a amazing.
But those dress from archive is just lazy and I don't like the critics make it sounds so cool and whatever. They know It's just lazy.

front row

I honestly love this. The energy and the awkward beauty, and I love that it's so wearable. One of the few collections I really loved during this lacklustre season

06-03-2017
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBinque View Post
I actually like the beginning of the show. It is nice to see him dive deep into the archive but he's not as skillful and it shows in this work.
To be honest, he did not really went that deep into the archives. Anybody with a bit of knowledge about classic Haute Couture could have done that with eyes closed. Karl, Mugler, Montana, Alber, Galliano, McQueen and others have referenced Balenciaga with much more ambition without going into the archives so...

07-03-2017
trendsetter

This is a great collection and I absolutely love the warped jackets, they're so cool but still look very chic.

08-03-2017
V.I.P.

The final dress looks pretty cool in the video:

Business of Fashion @ Youtube

Was it just me who felt totally embarrased for Salma while listeing to her? I got shivers from it.

08-03-2017
V.I.P.

I failed to see any praisable point about this barbarically peacocking sensation.

08-03-2017
tfs star

Salma's talking in the video is just She's married to the owner of the brand. Of course, she has only nice things to say about this collection. And not that she knows a lot about it.

08-03-2017
scenester

I Cannot listen to this salma woman. So vapid. It's more interesting to listen to white noise.

10-03-2017
V.I.P.

It looks like H&M.

12-03-2017
backstage pass

You can pre-order :

https://www.balenciaga.com/us/women/collections/fw17-w-preorder_section

fashion insider

Thanks for posting that link. Seeing these clothes off the runway, as separate wearable pieces, and you can see just how unimaginative and dumb his work really is.

It even spells it out for us on the website: they PULLED one part of the coat up, and tacked it on the opposite side with a button. Did they get that idea from the great Susie Bubble archives in the archival WAYWT thread? And I can totally see Rent-a-Lotta (lol) running around the workroom with a car mat wrapped around her waist, and Demna saying "Ooh, I'll take it."

Silly, stylish sheep.

12-03-2017
fashion insider

I don't know but for me there's nothing very ingenious about the cut of those coats. I applaud the effort but i think that in order to elevate the idea of "how to wear the coat", you have to elevate the design of the coat... And in order to elevate that design, it's important to work around the body.

The coat is straight and it's pulled but it doesn't do anything for the silhouette. If you wear your coat open, it will just look like a piece of fabrics dragging on the side.

Even the cut of the pants is really unfortunate. But, i really think that the "Car Design leather skirt" is cool. It's the most covetable piece in this collection (with the big sweaters). I wish it was more ambitious in the cut but it's really clever and kinda Margiela-esque.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
balenciaga, f or w, paris