Balenciaga F/W 2018.19 Paris - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
04-03-2018
front row

I like this as a fab collection from an interesting designer, i’m only sad that nothing about this says Balenciaga at all . It’s an interesting sportswear collection with a few sexy dresses at the end, but it’s not Balenciaga.. they are ignoring what Balenciaga stood for which is sad .. but maybe that’s the way fashion is now . maybe it’s the end of all those Parisian Hi Fashion brands

04-03-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
The World Food organization fake propaganda is revolting -- don't care if the funds go to support it. Annoyance of the highest proportion for this.
Seriously. Is this really Kering's new PR move? First Gucci donating to the March For Our Lives and now this. What's the point of it? Isn't it better for the company to create a foundation and help organizations independently from the brands? It just looks so disingenuous, padding themselves in the back, and trying to score some quick good image ridding on the wave of these social movements. Like those shirts with the numbers on? Yuck.

Anyway, the first half of the show was really nice. It's a reminder that he can make straightforward, chic clothes if he wants to. But then... the gimmickness kicks in, and there's where he loses ne.

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems
04-03-2018
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
The World Food organization fake propaganda is revolting -- don't care if the funds go to support it. Annoyance of the highest proportion for this.
I can't with this either. It all feels like a contrived way to justify ironic refugee-chic. Demna better put on look 45 himself and go out there and feed the children and then I'll buy it.

V.I.P.

Oh and this killed me

04-03-2018
Oh Yeah!

^Nailed it.

04-03-2018
V.I.P.

^^ LOL.

I don't mind parts of this collection, as ever with Demna (and many designers today), I try where possible to take in what little good there is. The nipped black coats are even quite chic...just don't try and do a #flashbackfriday and compare this to the brand's F/W 2008 collection (this could pertain to any brand's image today though, which would cower in comparison to a decade prior however I suppose...)

04-03-2018
V.I.P.

^^^dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionFanatico View Post
Everyone will hate me here, but i think this looks VERY chic.
Demna was never more posh than this.
Nothing groundbreaking yes, but it's desirable.
The pleated rubber skirt outfits are fab.
I agree with you, actually. The Joey part of the collection doesn't entice me, but the rest is very... straightforward, almost? It's just very clean and somehow desirable and modern. I'm actually a little impressed.

04-03-2018
backstage pass

as always, i am always impressed with how he uses colors

most of this is pretentious and gimmicky i ll say, who buys those librarian chic, stiff and fitted dresses and coats, the models having to walk so uncomfortably made me laughed...the first few are also rather incoherent to the rest of the other shows..

but, for some strange reasons, i like it, like stone said, it is modern and clean, and that is important.

05-03-2018
http://fashionworldstuff.

I like the half of this collection.
It looks repetitive, some looks are so ugly but same time there are many good pieces.
Who did the the cast? Many models can't walk.

05-03-2018
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionstuff View Post
I like the half of this collection.
It looks repetitive, some looks are so ugly but same time there are many good pieces.
Who did the the cast? Many models can't walk.
Lotta Volkova did the casting this season.

http://fashionworldstuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDiorHomme View Post
Lotta Volkova did the casting this season.
Lotta is making her career in fashion business, "learning by doing" not a bad idea.
There are white, black, asian models, it is easy to get a good press but many female and male models can't walk. How they moved their hands, the walk, it was simply bad. I was negative surpised watching the show.

Last edited by Fashionstuff; 05-03-2018 at 02:14 AM.
05-03-2018
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossiping View Post
please can we move on from this and gucci now i'm getting very tired
asap

05-03-2018
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionstuff View Post
Lotta is making her career in fashion business, "learning by doing" not a bad idea.
There are white, black, asian models, it is easy to get a good press but many female and male models can't walk. How they moved their hands, the walk, it was simply bad. I was negative surpised watching the show.
It's because Balenciaga/Vêtements mostly cast "new" new faces or people who are not models ( artists, people from the studio etc). So yes they're not gonna Karlie Kloss the runway haha.

tfs star

Quote:
I've never seen pleated rubber before, so kudos for this.
There are actually plenty of latex/rubber designers doing pleated rubber and even things more "otherworldly" with it. I had a few latex dresses from top latex designers back in the day and it's a whole different level.

Lotta Volkova... lol. Seriously, I can't even say s*** about her anymore. It's all about fame, gimmicks and pats on the back for these people. Disgusting. I do feel Demna could grow a bit if he cut her out of the equation. If you look at the first half of the collection you can kind of imagine/see it. Her styling, "eye" and casting kill everything.

fashion icon

Quote:
This collection feels like a mini best-of of Gvasalia's vision of Balenciaga. I don't think that mixing menswear and womenswear was a good idea...No menswear look stands out here...

Nothing really new but those latex pleated rubber skirts are great. I've never seen pleated rubber before, so kudos for this. I also like those fluffly 90's jumpers styled with.
Remember 10 years ago when NG did those amazing latex skirts, coats, and dresses? Demna's latex pieces look like a deflated tire compared to that.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
balenciaga, f or w, paris