fashion elite

Balenciaga F/W 2018.19 Paris

vogue.com

04-03-2018
fashion elite

vogue.com

04-03-2018
V.I.P.

The androgynous models don't convince me of anything (just reminds us Ghesquire had such a knack and ease when it came to androgyny during his time at the hosue), because the designs are insipid and dated! The World Food organization fake propaganda is revolting -- don't care if the funds go to support it. Annoyance of the highest proportion for this.

04-03-2018
backstage pass

I loved how minimal it all felt at the beggining, strict tailoring with an 80's palette is such a strong statement. The printed looks were a mess though. I think I'm just wanting to like this collection because I loved those giant parkas so much, I want one for myself.

04-03-2018
fashion icon

It speaks volumes that the 3 hottest brands of Kering are putting on the runway variations of the best selling pieces from their previous collections. It speaks volumes that Gucci, YSL and Balenciaga shows just looks like a line-up of products, styled together in order to build a story.

So, of course the tailoring is next level. I also love the return to sophistication in the beginning and the two draped dresses in velvet reminds me of the draped collection Nicolas did for fall 2009 but this doesn't give me fashion or anything like that.
I'm kinda surprised that he didn't included puffer jackets this time.

I totally understand that they are taking advantage of the success of the brand but come'on, gives us fashion! give us a vision, a proposition. This is lazy and not worthy of a set and even more, of a show!

04-03-2018
backstage pass

First part tried to look like a "normal" collection...but then chaos begins! And the rest of the collection looks like people on a queue at a bread shop from a communist country circa early 90s.

The charity factor is always welcomed; but putting t-shirts with a charity organization logo at Balenciaga show feels like a tasteless parody. But for Demna this is always easier than actually designing some interesting garments worthy of Balenciaga.

04-03-2018
tfs star

Aren't there some looks missing?

EDIT: nevermind, half the collection is missing. I was thinking this looked too "normal". The Vetements part is missing here.

Last edited by EstefaniaAbaddon; 04-03-2018 at 12:52 PM.
04-03-2018
fashion insider

Look, I appreciate the tailored pieces at the beginning but they are pretty much close to the archive. What I have the problem with his work is he can't really seem to take the heritage and combine with his own styles. By the end of the show, everything look like Vetements.

I am all for charity and good deeds but this makes me sad because he should at least put some thoughts into it. As Jeanclaude said, it looks like a parody rather than coming from a pure mind.

04-03-2018
trendsetter

This collection feels like a mini best-of of Gvasalia's vision of Balenciaga. I don't think that mixing menswear and womenswear was a good idea...No menswear look stands out here...

Nothing really new but those latex pleated rubber skirts are great. I've never seen pleated rubber before, so kudos for this. I also like those fluffly 90's jumpers styled with.

fashion elite

vogue.com

04-03-2018
V.I.P.

please can we move on from this and gucci now i'm getting very tired

front row

I dont think that this is right time to do a collection based only on 'the best sellers' items, they could have done that in a subtle way. What I like when watch a Balenciaga show these days is to see what tacky, dated and horrible thing they will make a 'designer ' version and make everybody wants wear next season, this time I just saw old atrocities.

The big coats in the end are interesting and fashionables in some way, but the rest...
I cant help myself thinking that the real reason of showing mens and women clothes together is because they did not have enough clothes to do both shows.

04-03-2018
fashion elite

vogue.com

04-03-2018
backstage pass

Everyone will hate me here, but i think this looks VERY chic.
Demna was never more posh than this.
Nothing groundbreaking yes, but it's desirable.
The pleated rubber skirt outfits are fab.

04-03-2018
fashion elite

vogue.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
balenciaga, f or w, paris