How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2011
V.I.P.

Nicole Phelps is such a biased b!tch , nobody is going to be wearing this on the street Nicole except on Halloween .

29-09-2011
V.I.P.

the beaded skirts are just amazing, and the front zip boots. i like it!

fashion elite

^^lol

fashion icon

The man is back to his best.

29-09-2011
fashion elite

Balenciaga | Spring Summer 2012 | Preview/Full Edited Show | High Definition (Exclusive on You Tube)

scenester

The only thing I found interesting in this collection was the draping on the waistband of the trousers or skirts. Other than that its a major disappointment. I was looking forward to this show most and its not good.

29-09-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco54 View Post
Nicole Phelps is such a biased b!tch , nobody is going to be wearing this on the street Nicole except on Halloween .
Her and Tim Blanks rarely give a bad review on the site. They always seem to fawn or curb any criticism of any major houses. They will take smaller labels down in their review but I have rarely seen either of them slam any of the big names.

29-09-2011
V.I.P.

Those skirts are atrocious... worst thing Nicolas has ever produced tbh.

29-09-2011
trendsetter

No doubt the fabrics used are of amazing quality and the construction is incomparable, but the actual design is almost mediocre. Even the styling is horrid.

The only saving grace for this collection is the shoes.

29-09-2011
Once King

I am sorry guys. This collection and me are in love right now. Don't get me started on those new renditions of that hat that was dominating several looks. If I was some fabulous countess you can bet the saving funds of your children that I would wear that on tea dates before I hit up the literary salons.

A few of the overly splashed pieces and square bondage "Marty McFly Jackets" as someone put it earlier are a bit messy. This I can wholly agree on.

29-09-2011
V.I.P.

The middle section is, in a way, the easiest to "get" and the most commercial part of the collection. The beginning seems to be all about the future, with those stark architectural jackets, the middle is more "familar" (present?), and the final section somehow speaks to the past, but yet modifies it - witness that crazy postmodern revisionism of the hats! And the long skirt (50s-ish) that so many designers have been riffing on. But none of the references in this Balenciaga show are "direct" or "easy" or even "playful", so the effect is defamiliarizing for the most part. I find I like to sit with his collections for a while before deciding what I like and don't like. This reminds me a little of Proenza this spring in that neither collection is what was "expected," and there's a darkness in both.

29-09-2011
Geometric Discharge

Honest to god, critics can chat a lot of s**t.
This is what they should be saying:
Balenciaga this season is just another name to add to the reams of uninspired and unoriginal collections being shown this season.
Ghesquiere appears to have been so uninspired this season that he has badly draped a lot of different fabrics on a stand, added some cheap patch pockets and some of Cristobal's own hats and called it a concept.
12 out of 36 looks were tops matched with hotpants, is this Ghesquiere trying to do wearable? How many of these pieces will actually appear on the rails in Harrods? The hotpants? Maybe some of the jackets?
Will anyone in the world want to wear the finale dresses which appear to be Dolce & Gabbana prints draped with leather and move in the most awquard and unflattering manner?
There are so many things I find offensive about this collection (the S/S 09 jackets, the silver 'scarf' that attaches in the shoulder seams but doesn't actually do anything..) but I would be here until late, and I already woke early to see the live pictures from this show.

29-09-2011
V.I.P.

Probably one of the most lackluster and uninspired Balenciaga collections to date, imo. I honestly wish he would've played more with the ombré sequined pieces.

V.I.P.

Perhaps the best thing about this collection was the fact that the spectators had to stand up.

backstage pass

I'm not going to lie, I really enjoy the first half of the collection. Those jackets are hot. Though I feel a bit off at last couple looks. Nonetheless, the details are very well-done.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, balenciaga, paris, s or s