How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-09-2012
front row

Balenciaga S/S 2013 Paris

live.balenciaga.com screenshot

27-09-2012
front row

live.balenciaga.com screenshot

27-09-2012
front row

]
nowfashion

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

Sorry this was soooo boring lol

27-09-2012
front row

This collection sucked. There were only a few looks that I actually liked, which were the tweed tops and skirts. The only thing I genuinely liked was the music. It'll probably be considered the best of the season though even though it sucks, but only because it's balenciaga.

27-09-2012
etre soi-meme

sucked indeed.. and quite winter-y too
i liked the first bunch of looks with those skirts and the 'square' tops but it got extremely repetitive as it went on and on
the 'finale' section was horrible

27-09-2012
backstage pass

I am left really confused here. Some of the boxier, minimalistic silhouettes were amazing and very wearable, I loved the weird-looking ruffles (homage to monsieur Balenciaga?) but the final dresses were horrible. They looked like they were designed for K-Stew's upcoming tour and that's not a compliment.

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepetitcouturier View Post
This collection sucked. There were only a few looks that I actually liked, which were the tweed tops and skirts. The only thing I genuinely liked was the music. It'll probably be considered the best of the season though even though it sucks, but only because it's balenciaga.
Agree.
It's a pity because last season was just so flawless, so I was expecting something as strong. It was so lackluster. Even the color palette was dreary. I do love that look on Saskia, though. So disappointed. I was hoping Nicolas would've saved the fashion season with a stellar collection, but alas he didn't.

front row

nowfashion

27-09-2012
front row

i like it. feminine w/ an edge.

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

I don't even know what to think about Balenciaga anymore...

I guess I'm happy that Ghesquière didn't do more hipster, late 70s neon stuff but this was so pedestrian and boring for him. I understand that the ruffles were a homage to Cristobel but they looked rather cumbersome. I don't know, maybe the detail shots will show me what I'm missing but this is just another disappointing collection from him, based off of what I have seen so far.

I don't think that I have genuinely loved one of his collections since F/W 09, sadly .

27-09-2012
Geometric Discharge

It was very inspired by Cristobal Balenciaga's obsession with Spain and the flamenco, the first dresses were quite beautiful, it appears that Ghesquiere put a slit horizontally in the back of the skirt to give the lower part an independent movement and a sense of lightness when looking from the front.
I want to see what the final looks are made of, as the fabric looked quite unique in a Ghesquiere trademark sort of way.
Otherwise, I also found the collection quite dull and repetitive.
He used the empire-line from Prada and Marc Jacobs that seems to have vanished entirely into last season, as I haven't seen it anywhere else for spring.. But there was something so promising about those opening looks!

27-09-2012
backstage pass

that opening look is spot on.

V.I.P.

Amazing!!!! Love it! A return to the early days of Nicholas' work for Balenciaga in the early 2000's. Bravo

27-09-2012
backstage pass

I guess I'm one of the few who liked it, it's a lot better than his last few collections. I was happy to see him inject a little romance into his collections (lately they've all felt rather sterile). I loooooved those ruffled dresses and skirts, the way they moved was just amazing. I thought the little skirt suits were adorable, and the construction was rather interesting with the little tiny kick pleats in the front. I do have to say that despite how much I loved it all, it dragged on a lot. I wish it had been 2/3 or half its size cause then I feel like it would have made more of an impact. Overall, it's a win for me

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, balenciaga, paris, s or s