Balmain Mens F/W 09.10 Paris - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-01-2009
fashion insider

Horrible!! What was he thinking?

26-01-2009
backstage pass

It hurts my eyes......!!!!!
What's that???

trendsetter

What happened to the images that leaked months ago? I remember seeing snakeskin shirts, dhoti pants and a beautiful shrunken blazer..

This is just.... a nightmare.

26-01-2009
scenester

I wish he had done more to translate the womenswear aesthetic for the mens collection: sexy, glittery, borderline bad taste. Or the masculine equivalent of that.

I guess what he's really saying is, girls like sequins and men are slobs.

trendsetter

Love love love the women's collections.
But this is plain boring.

26-01-2009
V.I.P.

the Jeans...

front row

I guess it's hard to translate the things he can get away with in the women's collections (the borderline bad taste stuff that in fact is just amazingly beautfiul and funky) into the mens so he just had to play it safe. Just a pity he played it WAY too safe and like most ppl have said this stuff doesn't look expensive at all, it's all stuff that can be gotten elsewhere

27-01-2009
backstage pass

These don't even deserve to be given the name balmain, uninspiring pieces that could have been come up by gap or chevignon.

DÔMMkammern

the question is... what did you all expect? sequined cocktail dresses for the man too?
no kidding... he just did a line for himself, what he wears and what he likes... jeans, tees and blazers! (there's a couple of nice jackets actually)
anyhow, if they did it to have an equal to the balmain girl, i think this is a much better work that the same attempt they've made chez givenchy

User Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
^ I don't think anyone hates it because it's horrible looking. I think the general consensus is that this stuff is so basic and uninspired that it doesn't belong on a runway.

There isn't any design present whatsoever. The jackets aren't interesting and certainly don't look like they cost as much as they probably will. The t shirts are just that, t shirts. And no matter how many little extra seams you put into the leg of a pair of jeans, they are still jeans and shouldn't be the focus of a Paris fashion collection.

The fact that this is Balmain, and the prices are bound to be ridiculous only makes this pathetic display of lazy styling even more offensive.
Karma! That is exactly what i was thinking.... but you were able to write it down in a more thorough way haha

27-01-2009
windowshopping

Is it a JOKE ?

27-01-2009
V.I.P.

This is retarded!

27-01-2009
Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413 View Post
^ I don't think anyone hates it because it's horrible looking. I think the general consensus is that this stuff is so basic and uninspired that it doesn't belong on a runway.

There isn't any design present whatsoever. The jackets aren't interesting and certainly don't look like they cost as much as they probably will. The t shirts are just that, t shirts. And no matter how many little extra seams you put into the leg of a pair of jeans, they are still jeans and shouldn't be the focus of a Paris fashion collection.

The fact that this is Balmain, and the prices are bound to be ridiculous only makes this pathetic display of lazy styling even more offensive.
Well, the comments that read "hideous" and "so bad, terrible" were what I was referring to...And you just reiterated what I already said, which is that the clothes are boring and uninspired

28-01-2009
backstage pass

disastre

28-01-2009
V.I.P.

This is insulting!!! it's horrible

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, balmain, f or w, mens, paris