How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-02-2011
Amour Comme Hiver

^ Do you mean this season or from Bottega specifically? Because I doubt they had any way to know that basically everyone and their mama was gonna go on a sixties trip this season...

I really, really love the hair. Distractingly so. Like, I can't even pay attention to the rest of the show because of it. :shock?

27-02-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

i simply love that bottega veneta picked up that beautiful cue from proenza schouler spring/summer 2011 and brought it into the fall with that gorgeous punch of color and the uptown sophistication that the house of bottega veneta continues to represent. let's not forget, after all, tomas maier spent several seasons before recent outings dressing a very sophisticated, very refined, very uptown customer. the bags, after all, remain milan's answer to hermes at some $6k/per.

as we move out of the age of austerity, it's clear that women with money and customers who have held back, will lurch forward back into the luxury market with pieces that actually hold up over time. they're signature pieces, but they're more substantial and enduring than the fast fashion pre-recession offerings some of these houses gave us. yes, it got fun to dress up and play poor for a while, but women are ready to look rich again and tomas maier has given these women enough to do just that.

and the golden crown will go to the hollywood stylist who can get one of those finale dresses airlifted to los angeles tonight in time for the oscars because we have seen no more perfect dress for that occassion thus far.

style.com

Last edited by mikeijames; 27-02-2011 at 11:18 AM.
27-02-2011
fashion icon

so chic & retro !!

01-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
i simply love that bottega veneta picked up that beautiful cue from proenza schouler spring/summer 2011 and brought it into the fall with that gorgeous punch of color
that was indeed very noticeable but my problem with this collection is that it looks so out of aesthetic for a brand as defined as Bottega. perhaps it was just a matter of fabrics, the yarn and the wool and the knitwear (i think i'm missing the leather?).. but the burst of color was a little too garish on the runway and in turn rid the collection of Tomas' trademark fluidity and ease. this is just too iffy, too Upper East Side; though i know the styling was at fault there. he has done color before, and to astounding effect, but this headscratcher just delved into a mess of different palettes. where is the grungy, laidback elegance so often associated with this brand? and what on earth were those helterskelter dresses? amateurish.

however i do appreciate how innovative Tomas gets as there is always an element of surprise with his pieces, you only have to look at the details to realize that there's so much more going on something as simple as a peacoat or a sweater.. there was minuscule interwoven lace on a knitted top, and printed lace on a dress with actual lace, very trompe l'oeil. but despite the inventiveness the only thing that appeased this collection for me where the accessories. the intrecciato bags always does it for me every time.

chaos reigns

An essay on texture ... the dresses on the first post I can definitively live without ... and it seems that the head designer is trying to capitalize on the whole Mad Men look ... it does seem a wee bit too broad of a spectrum to cover in one show for my taste but it is good.

I say its good. Period. Im curious whether we will be able to see it on edits/red carpets, and most of all .. the streets!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, bottega, f or w, milan, veneta