Bottega Veneta F/W 2016.17 Milan - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
28-02-2016
V.I.P.

nice trousers

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
29-02-2016
Saucy minx

I like this looser, easier look ... but to me this is all over the place. Some of the plaids and patterns seem much too much, while others are just right.

01-03-2016
backstage pass

BV"s boring is just not the same as Hermes" classic.
I agree someone needs to shake up the brand a little bit, Tomas Maier can go to other houses perhaps to allow some new blood in.

01-03-2016
fashion icon

I don't see any fashion but what I do see is a collection of wearable clothes. He didn't hit the billion euro mark by thinking outside of the box. I'm sure Kering will be pleased.

01-03-2016
trendsetter

I liked it.

01-03-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Nicole Phelps

As a close watcher of Milan’s up-and-coming class, I can say that the Michele effect hasn’t necessarily been good for the city’s younger and untested designers. In less assured hands, the more-is-more-is-more aesthetic that’s currently dominating fashion can go badly wrong. It doesn’t help, of course, when you’re treated to a collection like Tomas Maier’s for Bottega Veneta in the middle of the week. His faultless pantsuits make nearly everything else look sloppy. Maier’s collection will go down as one of my favorites of the season: elegant and aspirational (oh, to be able to afford model Mari Agory’s Le Smoking), yet not so austere that you couldn’t picture it living off the runway.
Quote:
Sarah Mower

I have the kind of brain that auto-deletes when on fashion-show overload. So, on this “laundry” day between Milan and Paris, I’m not feeling very intellectual about Milan, but I do know what’s coming out in the wash as far as what I, personally, actively want. I’m with Nicole about the Bottega Veneta tailoring—when it comes to it, I won’t be able to afford it, but bravo to Tomas Maier for endorsing simple, grown-up day-chic and for sending me scrabbling to see if there’s a long scarf in my hall wardrobe.
vogue.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bottega, f or w, milan, veneta