How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-09-2013
fashion icon

Amazing as always, the clothes are divine!! the shape was great yet impeccably stylish.

21-09-2013
V.I.P.

I am a sucker for dark romance so I liked this collection in general; it was pretty to look at.

However, I agree with others who've noted that while these voluminous cuts may come off rather well on models, they may not work so well on your average consumer. Maybe they'll tone down the volume for the stores?

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
21-09-2013
fashion elite

Nothing special, I like this outfit.

front row

Lovely. It's really great that we can rely on Bottega Veneta to consistently bring us gorgeous, classy, easy womanswear. The silhouettes are lovely, I enjoy the dark colours: it's just more wearable than a lot of the pastel crap designers try to shove on us in the spring collections. Well done, love it.

21-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
However, I agree with others who've noted that while these voluminous cuts may come off rather well on models, they may not work so well on your average consumer. Maybe they'll tone down the volume for the stores?
I can totally see what you mean. The last dress looks bloody amazing on someone with Esther Heesch's figure, but not sure it would work on a less lean body type. Same principle goes for the voluminous pieces (the hedge dress ).

I'd imagine they'll be modified before hitting stores though, as you said!

21-09-2013
V.I.P.

The random ruffles kill it, and not in a good way.

22-09-2013
front row

im in love with this collection. it's so perfect!!!!!

fashion insider

September 21, 2013 Milan
By Nicole Phelps

Fabric was the starting point at Tomas Maier's Bottega Veneta show today. Print and color for the most part were pared back, so that his expressive volumes could do the talking. Maier developed a cotton woven with copper; the metal threads gave it a memory. He used it to sculpt mille-feuilles of ruffles that circled the hips of a short skirt, cascaded down the torso of a day dress, and bustled the small of the back on a one-shoulder dress with leather straps. The results felt ladylike, not all that unlike his 1950s-inflected Fall show, but where that was retro-strict, this had a more relaxed spirit. Inevitably, it felt more modern.

How ironic, then, to hear from Maier backstage that a visit to the Metropolitan's Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity show was what sent him down this path for Spring. Like the Impressionists, process is paramount to Maier, but as a whole it didn't bog him down. There was a real sense of drama to these clothes, but they had a nice lightness, too. Take the show's signal look: a black wrap skirt with an exuberant flounce at the waist that he paired with a white button-down, its boxy short sleeves turned over with deep cuffs. The crisp shirting was sharp where the ruffles were sweet; those aforementioned leather straps on the dresses had a similar leavening effect. Maier is smart enough to know that if you add, you must also take away.

Toward the end of the show, he tried out a few other kinds of embellishment, the most successful of which was the short mohair fringing that accented belted plissé tank dresses. Other numbers, especially one in royal blue with metallic appliqués embroidered in a dégradé effect, looked overly crafty and weighed down. Not all masterpieces, then, but we liked Maier's sense of exploration here.

Source: style.com

22-09-2013
scenester

Very Lanvin to me.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, bottega, milan, s or s, veneta