Bottega Veneta S/S 2017 Milan - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
24-09-2016
everything sucks!

The woven red clutch Lauren Hutton holds is the exact same BV clutch she had in 1980's "American Gigolo!" They found it in the archives.

my snaps

24-09-2016
backstage pass

So effortless, elegant and gorgeous- I want every piece!

24-09-2016
Oh Yeah!

Bella's croc leather jacket. OMG.

25-09-2016
tfs star

Now, that's what I call luxury. Everything looks well-made with a touch of experimenting details as usual. What I always love about Maier's work has always been the effortlessness and the confidence that the models exude. His designs always have the element of modernity that I really appreciate.

25-09-2016
backstage pass

It screams "I'm luxurious" from the screen, but it doesn't have any attitude. It's like better and more expensive Massimo Dutti to me.

25-09-2016
V.I.P.

Great cast... great fashion!!!

25-09-2016
fashion icon

Flawless and faultless. This is a really great collection from Tomas Meier, maybe one of his best.
I don't think tha photos do justice to the clothes because it had a lot of charm.
For the first time ever, Bottega Veneta felt aspirational. You suddenly wants to be an italian bourgeoise after that. It's simple, beautifully crafted but above all, it's luxurious without being precious.

Those are the types of clothes you expect from brands like BV, Bally, Hermes. A luxury that whisper instead of scream.
Yes, it has a bit of Prada Spring Summer 2007 but it works. It's a romanticized version 40's-50's italian fashion.

What i love the most about it is the fact that the bags (even if they are their bread & butter) are treated as accessories. They are not treated as the main subject.
They are finishing the silhouette and they are also diverse.

The menswear is maybe Tomas's strongest in a long time. The cast is great, the music was great.
It's almost weird to believe that Bottega Veneta is only 50.

Last edited by Lola701; 25-09-2016 at 05:20 AM.
25-09-2016
trendsetter

Solid collection with an amazing cast.

25-09-2016
everything sucks!

For those interested, here's the article on "American Gigolo" https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...7ba_story.html

25-09-2016
barcode

So, so gorgeous. The color palette, from the moody, muddy browns to the dusty grown up pastels and vibrant brights is absolutely flawless, the leathers and skins are perfection, and it all just looks so easy and enjoyable to wear. Totally pulled together and just-so in it's way, but it doesn't look remotely effortful. In a way this is normcore for people with exceptional taste and bank accounts to match.

Love the men's clothes as well, especially those wide 40s/early 50s-esque trousers. And a special mention must be made about the incredible casting. I normally don't get overly excited about models, especially these days when they've become more average looking than average people on the streets, but between this show and Versace I've been reminded of exactly how important strong, talented models are to a show. They can make bad clothes look better, and good clothes look positively earth-shattering.

01-10-2016
fashion insider

This is absolutely lush. So luxe and effortless; I want every single piece of the menswear.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, bottega, milan, s or s, veneta