How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-03-2006
fashion elite

Thank you Estella!
I am completely amazed, floored, impressed, in love,
and it's all so fresh
I love i love i love bruno Pieters

04-03-2006
front row

im in love again! definitely one of my favourite collections so far... bruno never fails to impress me.. i cant stop ranting.. paris is F*&king awesome..!

04-03-2006
front row

Oh what a great show, I really gotta see some close ups of this.

04-03-2006
front row

It looks really lovely and so fresh after his more matronly collections, shame that it's not on catwalking, style etc...

V.I.P.

i was very unsure about the collection and i still think it's not as strong as his previous work but it's lovely indeed! .
i love the blue-ish jacket on estella's first post.

flaunt the imperfection

thanks for all the picutres...

i thought i was realy liking it...
until i saw the detail shots...> >

the silhouettes are nice...
but there is way too much 'stuff' going on in each piece for it to be really elegant...
it becomes 'fussy' imo...
and a bit 'juvenile'...

not really mature...
for example-why all those little buttons?...
do they enhance anything?...do they really add to the design?...
not in my opinion...
seems like something a student would do to try and embellish their look...

**it's basically 'over-designed' and over-worked...imo...

too bad...
so close...

Last edited by softgrey; 09-03-2006 at 05:30 PM.
10-03-2006
tfs star

The collection was such a delight to see both on the runway and during the showroom, I loved it from the tips of the shoes to the high, pleated organza collars. The colour palette of deep indigo´s and ink blues, mixed with black and an occassional shot of purple looked effortlessly clean and sophisticated, I especially loved all the fluid dresses in fluid, silky jersey and the coats in the wave-y black/dark blue jacquard coating.

I understand your concerns Softie with regards to those small buttons, it´s the only thing that makes it somehow difficult to just throw on some of the jackets - you´ve got all these small buttons in the front if you want to button it up properly, some of the details on the jackets (sleeves and gathered parts of the jacket bodies) could however be detached, so they do have a purpose here... arguably not on all these garments, though.

Nonetheless, this was a strong collection from Bruno, pity though that none of the major press people were there to report, the collection as indeed one of the strongest in Paris.

10-03-2006
flaunt the imperfection

it's doubly frustrating for me tric...
because i so WANT to like it...

and i am regularly disappointed with him...
there are always elements that i enjoy...
for example the colour palette was lovely (as you mentioned)...
but then it fell apart...

maybe he should follow that old rule...
*before you go out of the house...look in the mirror and take one thing off...?...
perhaps he should do that before sending the girls down the runway??...

20-03-2006
backstage pass

Black and Blue!

20-03-2006
front row

big thanks for whoever bumped this, its lovely

01-05-2006
El Viaje Definitivo

Quote:
" a mid winter night's tale "

His 11th SHOW took place at Musee de l'homme on 27th FEB, 2006. The Runway was light up with early spring sunshine, dropped from the high skylights. A tranquility of saturday's afternoon made audiences concentrate to the runway. It was quite good mood for sharpening the senses.

The bruno pieters autumn-winter 2006-07 collection , a mid winter night's tale , was inspired by the atmosphere and colour palette of a painting by Rene Magritte, entitled seize september (1955), picturing a serene landscape during a winter night.

Staying true to his vision, bruno reinvented classics through a lens of modernity. The still elegant formality and subdued atmosphere originates from an interest in historical jewish costume, particularly from the 18th century. Structured cropped jackets with pleated details, ornate frock coats, rabbinical-like dresses and blouses with frilled collars all have references to that era.

The essence of the collection is both a subdued and feminine silhouette with architectural and decorative elements. Important fabrics for this season include silk jersey , washed wool jacquards, brocades, and cashmere in a palette of fade grey, powder pink, combined with an ink blue and a classic black.

le seize september (Rene Magriette / 1955)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Le-Seize-Septembre.jpg (57.5 KB, 2 views)

Let the stars decide
01-05-2006
El Viaje Definitivo

Quote:
JELMER/ Felt wool black Jacket with standing collar. Minimal decoration makes the silhouette more transparent and enhance feminine beauty. Combined with decorous pleated skirt / SAMUELLE and skinniest pants / PETERINA.

Quote:
Dilan / Crepe lurex night blue dress is set up with bleu FOX trimmed Goat suede gilet, Adeline. The gilet could be a brilliant accent. Bruno creates well-considered items which let the total image unique and also precious.

Let the stars decide
01-05-2006
El Viaje Definitivo

Quote:
Curtis / Heavy woven Jacquard waves night blue fabric makes the middle length double breast coat both classic and fantastic. Hand knitted muslin hat, Hobbes gives a feminine atmosphere in total image.

Quote:
Hello / Bleu FOX Fur hat, shaped like astronautic helmet could enhance future elegance at the same time be interpreted very classical pragmatism. Setting up with middle volumed bell-shaped skirt Shelly is same fabric as previous CURTIS.

Let the stars decide
01-05-2006
El Viaje Definitivo

Quote:
Barbra / Hi-collar white cotton blouse which has characteristic accordion pleats in front suits with the skinny Goat suede pants, Peryne. To match up with Adeline, bleu FOX gilet, the total atmosphere is enhanced elegant and also possessing modern knight's looks rather than rider's style.

Quote:
Dimphna / Double crepe dust blue colour dress, the train of Dimphna is very precise to pile up crepe fabrics. Gathering , smocking and frilling, bruno uses a lot of couture techniques into the dress.The silhouette is naturally balloon shaped to be seen more fresh and light.

from kararoku.com

Let the stars decide
02-05-2006
Stitch:the Hand

The theme was beautiful.

Honestly,I can't see alot going on. To me it's very typical of Bruno's style. The pleating,ruching,frills and buttons are very much what he's always done. But the contrast with a very sublime silhouette and the colour scheme it toned the embellishment down quite alot. I actually think this is the most subtle of his embellishment that I've seen so far. Before,all that was quite obvious.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0607, bruno, f or w, paris, pieters