How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-06-2013
When in doubt, wear red.

The styling is all over the place and everything looks way too forced. From the polka dots, to the bags passing by the silhouettes. All the charm and nonchalance of his earlier work has been lost in favor of blatantly commercial collections.

19-06-2013
trendsetter

Dots, stripes, patterns, pure colors...all the common elements in an excellent combination. A nice collection and I do love the palette.

20-06-2013
front row

Mr. Bailey seems to be tired and it's reflected in his job. Basic collection, nice colors, but it only saves itself because is Burberry.

chaos reigns

Since when being commercial and wearable is a crime?

Its nice, wearable, colorful and basic. In the economic climate we currently live it, there isnt much room for play ...

Id wear 100% of this collection. Proudly.

V.I.P.

i don't hate it, but it's basically a mixture of Prada and Marni. i don't see any Prorsum in there...

20-06-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenius View Post
Instead of Prada (which I do see), I'm seeing a lot more of his previous SS05 collection, when he used to show in Milan. The colors, prints, silhouette, everything really.

BTW..does anybody else think he was a lot better off in Milan? I get he's trying to support all things British by showing during London FW instead, but the collections just don't have that same spark as before. Hell, even the standard variations on the trench seem not as thoughtful as before.

src: style.com
Completely agree. There was something fun and desirable about his work when he was showing in Milan. I think this collection is fun, cool, upbeat, and interesting, but it's by no means outstanding. I think the color-blocking idea was executed fantastically here, but it just seems to similar to what Prada did last season. Nonetheless, there are definitely some lovely pieces in here, especially those clear sunglasses.

rising star

I thought the textured sweatshirt reminds me of Chanel SS13... The lego colours...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, burberry, london, mens, prorsum, s or s