How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2011
V.I.P.

Burberry is becoming more and more of a joke... this is not fashion, this is trash! Bad cuts, ridiculous patterns, ugly hats, bags and shoes. And somehow it gets worse every season.

19-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
Isn't that what Pre-Fall collections are for?
Burberry's clothes are available for online purchase by the general public as soon as the show is over and I am assuming that they feel that these types of clothes will sell better in September and the coming months as opposed to something like a pink floral slip dress.

Last edited by agee; 19-09-2011 at 02:23 PM.
19-09-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
Burberry's clothes are available for online purchase by the general public as soon as the show is over and I am assuming that they feel that these types of clothes will sell better in September and the coming months as opposed to something like a pink floral slip dress.
As the models are walking the clothes become available to pre-order! You don't get the clothes right of the runway!
It's a pre-order and when Jannuary comes they ship to you first that the clients in general! If you could buy and take the clothes right away what would be the point?

Last edited by miguelalmeida; 19-09-2011 at 02:29 PM.
19-09-2011
V.I.P.

^From what I remember the orders don't arrive in January, but 4-6 weeks which is the middle of October. As for the collection itself, nothing excting or springy for that matter, but the light blue trench coat is gorgeous. Everything else ranged from average to downright ugly.

Ère de ℳodernité

I ordered a (mens) Spring 2012 bag right after the show back in June. Got my bag in early August.

backstage pass

I just knew this is what it was going to look like. Burberry has always been so predictable, if you want to know what a main collection is going to look like, just add the recent menswear together with the resort and you have the look. It's not like he hasn't been doing this formula forever, but since he moved back to london all the romance has gone out of the looks. I think the last spring collection I really liked was 2009.

19-09-2011
Once King

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
I supposed that the looks are fall looks because Burberry clothes are available for purchase immediately after the show.
There was a discussion during the Men's show earlier in the year about why does Burberry S/S always resemble a colder climate. Not just because of Britain but because of business as well. The clothes hit the shops way before spring is going to begin, late Jan-early march. I am less inclined to purchase shorts until it is actually blazing outside so Burberry is just there to capitalize on new sales.
Quote:
The show itself was good, but it looked like they were trying to replicate last season's show which really was beautiful... a confetti drop to mimic last season's sublime snowfall, come on!
Um...they did the confetti drop before too. I remember S/S10 for example. It is just something they do.

19-09-2011
V.I.P.

They was a lot on offer here in this collection. It was not one-dimensional like his past shows have been, and for that I commend him. This collection had an seemingly endless offering of varying proportions, fabrics (heavy vs. lightweight) and colours.

I have to say whilst this is nothing necessarily original or special, I like it. The detailing on the coats and parkas is absolutely amazing. Also, a lot of the fabrics and techniques employed here are very precious (weaving, applique, etc) and for the first time in a long time I can vaguely justify the prices. The craftsmanship is really amazing here. You're getting bang for your buck, so to speak, with these pieces.

The shoes were awful though. The Resort shoes were much more interesting and dynamic. The wedges did not suit the look and created a strange silhouette.

19-09-2011
windowshopping

Another bad inspiration of Prada. Spring 2005

Last edited by Wenden; 19-09-2011 at 04:27 PM.
19-09-2011
windowshopping

I see some vibes from Marni and Proenza Schouler collections too. Maybe that's just me, but that was my first association when I saw this collection.

Last edited by Wenden; 19-09-2011 at 04:39 PM.
19-09-2011
front row

i reallly like it! their last few collections bored me, but this is great!

backstage pass

The production of this show was phenomenal, but I feel the brand is having an identity crisis. I wish they could strike the balance between for example their beautiful s/s gardening collection some season back, and this mass exposure they seem to crave. I used to really love the detail of Baileys collections but I feel the suits maybe focusing is mind elsewhere.

19-09-2011
trendsetter

some of the Prints and fabrics they used were fantastic....Like these two!

They are a really great mix of the traditional and the inspiration.

However, Overall the show looks over styled, Over 'Trendy' and too try hard. Bailey used to do relaxed chic so well but this now looks a bit......slack.
The wooden shapes look like they were glued on by children.
Bags were good in parts, Awful in others, and the shoes were just blah. Hated the Hats...he has a weird love for UGLY hats (Last seasons hideous pony flat-caps).

The show had some nice pieces, The pleated dresses were lovely, but the skirts and dresses with extra material just sewn onto the hip looked messy and silly.

Thats my opinion.

19-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ Lovely textures on those close up shots; thanks for posting them!

It does seem fall-ish, but frankly it's a welcome relief from all of the metallics and pastels my eyes have had to digest in the last week or so. It offers something different!

The midi skirts are *everywhere* though.

19-09-2011
V.I.P.

^^The textures and prints were definitely great!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, burberry, london, prorsum, s or s