How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-09-2012
Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle_gb View Post
Where is the golden feather jacket??
The golden feather jacket was specially made for Karen Elson for her UK Vogue/Olympics appearance but was not used for neither, I have no idea why that was insinuated that it was from this collection.

18-09-2012
Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfinkova View Post
After the menswear collection in June, I was stoked for womenswear- this is definitely not what I was expecting.

While there are a few 'cute' individual pieces among this garbage heap, the styling is atrocious, makeup abhorrent, and fabrics abundant. All unite together to create a truly unflattering and clumsy mess. Nonetheless, the coats like always were gorgeous.... though the true horror was unveiled by the way of a frumpy looking dress paired with a mini transparent rubber jacket. This collection was all over the map.

I laugh at the sight of people praising this- Christopher has done beautiful collections....and you're lauding this tragedy?
To each their own, everyone has an individual acceptance of what beauty is, this may be their definition of beauty, but this collection could not be considered a disaster, ugly nor a 'true horror', but as I said, to each their own.

front row

The metallic trench coat in any color i want

When in doubt, wear red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle_gb View Post
Where is the golden feather jacket??
I think the golden feather jacket was in the latest resort collection.

I’m always very indulgent with him but this time I don’t need to because it’s his best collection in a long long time. To be honest, I haven’t been that impressed and excited over a Burberry collection since S/S 08. Yet this one is very reminiscent of Christopher’s early days at the brand. In the freshness, the more vibrant colors and the simplicity of the looks. I really love that he stopped chasing that young-hip-rock chick and instead focused on a more romantic side. This collection felt very Burberry, very traditional and chic but the colors and the new proportions make it modern. I love those bowl shaped coats and capes, that he had already done in a recent fall collection but here they’re just perfect. Especially the work on the sleeves is amazing. It’s also for me a return to innocence with this gorgeous white , the delicate colors, some of the coats actually made me think of flowers, the peacock coat itself was made in order to have this kind of flower print impression. I also liked the super short shorts, which, instead of being sexy were really cute and very tasteful. Besides the metallic coats, that I liked int he mens show, looked ven better here. I thought we were done with color blocking but he brought it back in a great way. Very playful and fresh. I also really liked the accessories: the plastic bag, the colorful shades and those pointy wedges that almost looked like pumps but weren’t. First time in ages that I truly like their footwear collection.
There were many strong looks (Kinga’s first one is my favorite runway look from the whole season actually), a lot of great dresses which I loved because they looked like trench coats wrapped around the models body. Finally I always appreciate how comfortable and practical everything looks. It’s not just beautiful clothe , it’s pieces that you could easily wear on a daily basis and definitely keep forever.

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 18-09-2012 at 07:32 AM.
18-09-2012
backstage pass

This is a definite improvement on the past few seasons although I agree with some of the criticism in this thread. The early white pieces, the two-tone coats and the cloaks were definitely of note. Despite this, I'm not a fan of the the metallic pieces (apart from the metallic trenches and those bags which were quite fun and youthful.)

The collection did not feel cohesive but was definitely a step in the right direction.

19-09-2012
fashion insider

I wanna have all the trenches. The are absolutely amazing.

19-09-2012
V.I.P.

I loved the menswear collection for SS13 and wish this one had followed that a little bit more closely personally. I like that he went for such severe corseted shapes under the outerwear but those little capes were rather odd and not at all flattering? They were a strange addition I felt, everything else I'm okay with personally. The menswear had some beauties in it which could have easily made their way into the womenswear too so it's a shame there wasn't more of those ideas mixed in.

19-09-2012
tfs star

I love it, the colors, the fabrics(not a fan of the metallic though) and everything, specially the lace trench coats! well done and what a change!

20-09-2012
backstage pass

Shockingly - the best Christopher Bailey collection...ever?

I have been panning Burberry for a good few seasons now. But what a gear change.

I'm loving the way the signature trench has been deconstructed down to those capuletes.

Many of the forms evoke the floral. Buds. Then they tack those trench/military details onto the clavicles of the outerwear.

And pair them with some ultrahot short shorts. The burnished gold ones on idk, she was blonde, were making me gape I tell thee. (i think one of my themes this season is - take your assault on the male gaze and stuff it)

I was struggling a bit at first with quite so shiny a metallic. It felt a bit idk Jeremy Scott at first. Actually I have to remind myself of that early wtf this is Burberry? moment.

And to think, I was going to talk about share price and China.

Welcome back Mr Bailey. Though I really never saw this coming. Getting it though. All of it

22-09-2012
fashion insider

This is easily one of my biggest disappointments so far this season... I loved his last few collections, but I just can't get on board with this one. I think much of it is such an eyesore, especially the metallics...

Alluring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
I don't know if it's just me but the romantic, soft and delicate essence to the collection makes me want to think it's in reference to Christopher's up and coming nuptials, I think it's his current state of mind and I think this was also reflected in the fantastic soundtrack to the collection.
Agreed, I was thinking the same while watching the show

I like it a lot. Out of all the recent Burberry collections that would be my favourite one, the quirky playfulness here and there, the colours and metallics (which I strangely love) made it all very fresh and appealing for me.

23-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolkfolk View Post
I think the golden feather jacket was in the latest resort collection.
Is this it? From the range created exclusively for the Regent Street Flagship opening?

Burberry's Facebook

Quote:
Created from over five thousand gold feathers, the elegant trench coat celebrates craftsmanship and innovative design. Available exclusively at 121 Regent Street.

30-09-2012
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianCouture View Post
Some of it has a weird Louis Vuitton vibe-Louis circa 2005/6/7
Yes!! I couldn't put my finger on what it was, but you're absolutely right!
It doesn't feel fresh and new, but the clear reference to the 40ies makes it almost impossible for me not to like it

pinterest : hanneonpin
30-09-2012
front row

It's not a bad collection, but i'm still waiting for something more... i don't know, there's a thousand things about Burberry's history that Mr. Bailey can explote and he doesn't. But like i say this is not bad. The shoes are getting worse every season by the way.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, burberry, london, prorsum, s or s