How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

Such a relief after last season...just smart, slick wearable clothes! The coats are amazing, from that brown oversize one on Iselin to the one with fur collars and stoles.

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

This collection is lacking something...some great pieces, though. I'm starting to prefer her Resort and Pre-Fall collections.

fashion icon

what can I say that hasn't been already? Rather good. Glad to see you can count on some people this season.

Last edited by Mutterlein; 06-03-2011 at 11:47 AM.
06-03-2011
trendsetter

I like this a lot. Except...is the front of that dress made out of fur?

V.I.P.

I'm completely convinced with Céline this season now that I've seen the collection in its entirety. No gimmicks, just fantastic clothes that you want to put on your back. I am particularly stunned by Suvi Koponen's look. Its simplicity speaks for itself

Any idea of where was this presented? Phoebe seems to always put an effort in creating a venue that feels coherent to her clothes. I love that.

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

The cuts are just breathtaking.
She dictates a mood every season, I agree she may not be the most highly skilled designer but the way she captures quality design with pretty much a trend report in a way that seems fluid and quite genuine (unlike the 'reports' of someone like Marc Jacobs) is just so interesting to watch and like Agrenate said, it has such an immediate effect.. that to me is the result of someone that commanded a flawless research on the mood of consumers and really put an effort into projecting it through her vision.. she's definitely good at what she does, and I love how respectful she is of her buyers.

anything for fashion :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraDanielle11 View Post
I like this a lot. Except...is the front of that dress made out of fur?
If you are referring to Jamie Bochart's outfit, it's made of fake fur

* Snejana Onopka * Natasha Poly * Gemma Ward * Daria Werbowy * Julia Stegner * Eugenia Volodina * Natalia Vodianova * Karolina Kurkova *
06-03-2011
front row

This is my second favourite collection from Paris Fashion Week. This is what I like... minimalism, its simple and yet elegant. Just with the right fabric and style lines, you get something beautiful.

Bravo

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

Ah, simply sumptuous. From the colour blocking seamed right into the clothing (those dresses! I die!), to the wood grain print (how new - how can she take this tacky 70s wall covering and make it look awesome; it will be recognizable everywhere, screaming "Celine" "Celine!"), through to the most perfectly minimal day AND evening black dresses - this collection is ideal for a modern woman. Wow. Phoebe gets it, the need for luxury, beauty, and simplicity at once. I love this much more than her spring collection. And I haven't even mentioned the outwear and accessories!

style.com

06-03-2011
tfs star

She has consistently put out beautiful collections since she started designing for Celine. There are so many beautiful details here and I absolutely love the simplicity and modernness of all the looks. It's wonderful to witness the evolution of the label.

06-03-2011
front row

a very wearable, very simple and slick collection. i really love seeing phoebe grow with celine over these years.

06-03-2011
old-fashioned

this hasn't been the most exciting season, so i was glad i wasn't disappointed when i saw this collection. really beautiful. philo has turned me into a céline fan.

God Save McQueen

That woodgrain leather is brilliant. Philo keeps pushing minimalism forward. The way she uses raw fur is a continuation of the resort collection and last springs collection.

06-03-2011
devil in the details

Celine Fall 2011 Details [HQ]

vogue.it

06-03-2011
Looking Up

While minimalism isn't always at the top of my list, there's something really raw and uninterrupted about the way Phoebe presents the Celine pieces. Few accessories, basic runway, basic styling, but still somehow leaves a VERY strong impression.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, celine, f or w, paris