How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-03-2013
V.I.P.

This is so flawless! The first Celine collection that I've truly loved in about two years or so. Love the soft blue/grey looks in particular, especially that beautiful cocoon shaped coat. The necklaces are a brilliant touch to the opening looks as well. Philo hasn't featured that much jewelry in her collections thus far, so I appreciate the small addition of it here.

And finally a collection that's low on fur !

03-03-2013
front row

wooow the first collection that made me woow this season thanks

03-03-2013
backstage pass

If this thread didn't say Celine, I'd honestly think it was a current Chloe collection... Not a big fan of it... :/

V.I.P.

Chloe knocks off Celine

03-03-2013
scenester

I must say, I can't quite understand all the enthusiasm over this collection. There have been Celine collections where I've loved everything, and this is definitely not one of them. The coats are lovely, and seem amazingly well-cut, but that's about the only thing that particularly appeals to me. The rest of it looks like nice basics, for the most part, but there's nothing that especially stands out, or screams Celine. Perhaps in person it would make more of an impression, but if someone told me this was something like Topshop Unique or Whistles, I'd believe them. And the fur dress is one of the most vile items of clothing I've ever seen, that alone puts me off the collection.

03-03-2013
fashion elite

omg i had goose bumps! one of my favorite collections!

trendsetter

AMAZING!
It is truly inspiring how she's able to create such precise pieces, while still making them seem comfortable and feminine, instead of hard and unapproachable.

LVMH's Pierre-Yves Roussel mentioned in the Spring 2013 issue of M Magazine that he wants to extend the Celine brand to menswear, and after yet another BREATHTAKING collection, I couldn't be more impatient for its arrival.

Last edited by VogueDisciple93; 03-03-2013 at 02:38 PM.
03-03-2013
V.I.P.

Well I like it a lot, and my favourite part is the mix of plaids; to me she executes this perfectly and it's really distinctly hers. Those looks and the coats are stunning.

I am surprised, however, that no one mentioned the slight similarities to Raf's last collection for Sander (the pale colours, the coats and dresses, the femininity) or to Jil's own spring collection - the boots with skirts, the boots have a very similar shape and height to Jil's imo. Not to mention the general minimalist overtones they share anyhow. I definitely saw Phoebe being influenced in this collection (rather than her influence on others) for a change, which is kind of interesting! This must be her most decidedly feminine collection in a while?

For me, those pieces with the sleeves tied in front were fails.

But overall, yes, it's an excellent collection, with the plaids being absolute stand outs and distinct for what I've seen elsewhere. That shortened cape is pretty cool, too, and very "Celine"!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 03-03-2013 at 02:45 PM.
03-03-2013
fashion insider

Absolutely stunning

backstage pass

This collection is nice , but, EVERYONE DOES THIS CELINE LOOK NOW.

So the genuine Celine looks,how can I say, dull ? I don't say it's ugly, not well tailored with bad fabrics, but I am feeling what Shanhuq says. Everyone is copying Phoebe Philo so her work does not really change from most of the collections I have seen those last weeks.The summer 2013 collection was much more unexpected with those weird shoes, unfinished hems etc

VOGUE.fr

and Helmut Lang did that print more than a decade ago.

Last edited by IloveDiorHomme; 03-03-2013 at 03:18 PM.
03-03-2013
tfs star

love love love love, no other words for describing it everything looks so well and beautifully done! amazing!

03-03-2013
fashion insider

Finally a good collection. It was about time...

03-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
There's such a beautiful feeling of protection, tenderness and softness throughout the collection, from the fabrics, the colour pallet and all the folding and wrapping in some of the looks. It's cozy, simple but extremely intricate and intelligent. It bring the best in a woman.
Agree 100%.

03-03-2013
V.I.P.

Sensational, love every look. Wish I could win the lottery and have everything :p

03-03-2013
fashion icon

I want that green and blue coats plus that beige dress! The collection is so clean, modern yet wearable, simple but with a twist of excitement. If I'm a filthy rich woman, I'd buy all these clothes!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, celine, f or w, paris