How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-09-2013
V.I.P.

Calvin Klein Collection S/S 2014 New York

style

12-09-2013
V.I.P.

style

V.I.P.

style

V.I.P.

style

V.I.P.

I don't like it at all, it's not minimalistic enough for me. The fringe things were hideous.

12-09-2013
trendsetter

So much of this is incredibly unflattering. The low hips compounded with excess fabric leaves the models looking mishaped. Could have been a great collection if he shaved off a lot of the excess fabric - coats were ruined by extra long sleaves, skirts by wings, and dresses by bloated hips. It all consumes the wearer.
Such a shame, with proper editing this could have been a wondeful collection.

Last edited by VogueDisciple93; 12-09-2013 at 03:43 PM.
12-09-2013
Soviet Camaro

I was surprised by how much I liked this, especially considering how much I disliked Costa's last couple of outings. My first impression was that this was inspired by industrial or electronics packaging, with the oversized tabs on the side to help with unwrapping.

On further reflection, I felt that those tabs as well as the rough unfinished edges and long pants cuffs and oversized waists were a meditation on the process of construction of clothing. Which seems trite but anyway.

I felt it petered out about halfway through and I didn't care much for the fringy stuff towards the end, but all in all I liked it.

12-09-2013
V.I.P.

i love half of it, and the other half (like the fringes and all the visible torn edges) is soo bad. so not what i expect from him!!

V.I.P.

Fugly.

12-09-2013
V.I.P.

I liked a lot of it. My favorite look is the one on Edie, the sweater is gorgeous. The opening look and the black dress in the last post are chic, too. I agree that the fringe-y stuff towards the end is pretty bad. But I though overall this was much more exciting than most recent CK collections, it's not as monotone and stale and it's actually fresh and interesting.

12-09-2013
V.I.P.

I like at least half of it: the sheer black pieces, the structured white suits, those green and white looks, and so on. However, some looks seem a bit bulky for spring and I am not a fan of the fringy bits.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
12-09-2013
trendsetter

The rough edges and unnecessary fringing made some, what would of been nice pieces, look kinda of cheaply made.

tfs star

I have mixed fixings, I like it but then I see things about the collection that I don't like. Besides the collection I HAVE to point that I loved seeing all the black girls, gorgeous.

12-09-2013
front row

Oh my god how disappointing. I've really been disappointed with the New York shows so far, and I had real hope for Calvin Klein. The color palette for the beginning of the collection is awful. The fringes are awful. There's 2 outfits from this collection that are nice, and thats being nice.

12-09-2013
.my prison is your brain.

I happen to like my Calvin Klein clean and minimal, therefore this is disgusting.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, calvin, collection, klein, s or s, york