Calvin Klein F/W 2018.19 New York - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

6 Days Ago
fashion icon

What a waste of 15 minutes! I will never get them back.

These collection represent exactly everything that i hate about high fashion today.
And this fake intellectualism hidden in a pile of stuff. Horrible!
And the pop-corn on the floor...I guess it is a deep as the drugs in the t-shirts...

Raf Simons is exactly the reason why i hate the word "intellectual" in fashion because unfortunately, his actions seems less clever than what his designs (or the idea people have of it) suggest.

And does he know that he is working for a brand? I hate when designers take in hostage a brand like that. You can deliver you mess at your brand. Don't need to drag CK into this...

Seriously, watching this show made me regret the fact that i bought a pant from his first collection.
Worst show of the entire season (literally). This is annoying!

6 Days Ago
backstage pass

youtube.com

6 Days Ago
V.I.P.

it's totally ugly ???
anyways, I don't understand fashion designers anymore.
I'd rather stick to what I get and love, models and fashion editorials

6 Days Ago
front row

This collection is pretty much at a Jeremy Scott/Moschino level of "playfulness" and pastiche, and that's not something I ever thought I'd say about Raf.

6 Days Ago
backstage pass

Raf is having a deep age crisis. He´s on his 50s; but he pretends he´s still a rebellious teenager.

And this collection is a reflection of that. It´s like he´s saying "Look! I made a collection with Vêtements left-overs and Looney Tunes jumpers...and I´m at Calvin Klein! Look how rebellious and young I am!"

But no matter how hard he tries. You can put a turd inside a beautiful box, wrapped it up using the most beautiful gift paper, giving it to someone with as much love as possible...but it still is going to have a turd inside it.

6 Days Ago
backstage pass

It's going to be hilarious with their policy of full looks in editorials. But really, it's just a big disappointment. It just got ridiculous cause it's like all they can do is that Americana thing that is awfully pretentious, putting Andy Warhol everywhere and doing those sets by Sterling Ruby that haven't made any sense so far. Oh, and that plumber look... at least this time Lulu could be a firefighter. Even that styling was so wrong on so many levels... It's easily the worst collection of the season so far.

Such a shame Raf wasted his chance to do something fantastic at Calvin. And still his first collection is his best.

Last edited by perhydrol; 6 Days Ago at 10:15 AM.
5 Days Ago
backstage pass

Hideous as always.

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

I know some editors will fawn over this and use the whole pseudo intellectual BS trope to justify this crap. His tenure at Dior was a flop and CK is looking even more abysmal. Where is CK in all this mess?

5 Days Ago
scenester

lets be real, this has nothing to do with calvin klein.

this is raf doing america or something.

however contrary to popular opinion i quite like this collection! the first looks had me in dispair, im so over the vetements influence in everything, but then when the cartoon prints came up i felt the theme, i saw the nuances. I love how there is a little bit of a story and dare i say fantasy in this collection.

that doesn't mean that this is a particularly good collection, like prada there are amazing pieces in here, but in styling both are completely overworked.

its time for designers to go back to the essence again and drop gimmicks and these elaborate and frankly wasteful sets. let the items speak in a narrative. there are some really really beautiful pieces in here with a nice story, but they're overshadowed by the popcorn and lacklustre styling.

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

I don't see him being at CK much longer...

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
5 Days Ago
fashion icon

^^
Unfortunately, he will stay! They are finally selling that runway collection...

5 Days Ago
trendsetter

The clothes apart are quite good. But the styling is overdone, the popcorn thing is just ridiculous and disrespectful to the people who don't have access to food.

So, Mr Simons, are you satisfied with your paradoxal presentation ? Models dressed like tramps and throwing food away.

This is a really sick joke... Raf Simons has been done for a long time. His eponymous label keeps on getting worse and his Calvin Klein tenure is just a boring mess.

rising star

The moment that I saw the first look I knew that I was about see a complete disaster.

Depressive, VERY pretentious, confused...

Rafs CK, IMO, already have a serious problem and it came from his work at Dior. I know that he have a vision, I know that he have a message, but somehow a lot of things gets lost in translation, its almost like he dont want talk with us and at the same time expects that we get everything that he wanna say. This collection looks like something deeper and complex, but its all smoking mirrors. Fake intellectualism like someone already said here. I think that he probably takes himself too serious and you cant do fashion if have this attitude.

The only look that I like was that one on Kaia, but only because reminder something that I used to see on Marni or Carven.

Every time that I see a collection like this I remember PB's Celine. Phoebe is woman with a strong, deeper, intelligent, complex and very edgy vison on what fashion should be and, even that she had, IMO, a little haughty attitude, we never had a problem to understand what was happening, she opens the way and never hide herself in a fake intellectualism. So different from Raf.

He really should focus and put all his energy in his own brand, he could do wonders, but its 2018 and everybody will love his CK and support him. Rafs and America is a such weird marriage, but will be a very profit union. This is the fashion that we deserve.

Last edited by ghostwriter10549; 5 Days Ago at 04:35 PM.
5 Days Ago
windowshopping

I didn’t like the collection either. Suzy wrote “mix and miss-match” and I agree. I love Raf, and I liked his first season, I hope it will be good lesson for him to realize that such approache is very cheap looking. I am sure it will sell, but fashion, where does it go? I am not sure 🤔

5 Days Ago
V.I.P.

i loved it. yeah i'm the only one ?

Tags
calvin, f or w, klein, york