Calvin Klein Resort 2016 - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
03-06-2015
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidee View Post
From the overt design poaching to the token black model, there's literally nothing new here.

Costa needs to go. Does anyone know how well clothes from the mainline sell? I'd imagine that CK makes the bulk of its revenue from fragrance and underwear sales.
It sells quite well as the Collection sales are the highest they've been in years. Per my own source.

04-06-2015
fashion insider

A messy mash-up between Celine and Christopher Kane. Costa is definitely out of fresh idea.

04-06-2015
V.I.P.

How an Instagram “Like” from Artist Alice Lancaster Inspired Calvin Klein Collection’s 2016 Resort

Quote:
Artist Alice Lancaster is no stranger to the fruits of the digital age. Her cult favorite Instagram feed, which exists as an unfiltered gallery of her colorful, Fauvist-skewed paintings and self-portraits of her bowish pout, has earned her 11,000 followers and counting, landing her work with labels which have an equally dedicated following—her leather jacket collaboration with Veda, for one. Most recently her handle @ragingleisure caught the eye of the creative director of Calvin Klein Collection, Francisco Costa, whose resort 2016 show included looks inspired by Lancaster’s art.

The virtual union between Lancaster and Costa stemmed from a simple double-tap that occurred at the right time. “I had been following him [Costa] for a while and there was this moment where he posted an image from a runway show. I posted a bunch of hearts on it,” says Lancaster. “I think at the moment he was on his phone and saw the notification, and he quickly went over to my account and saw my work.”

A few weeks later, after Lancaster received a like from Costa on one of her black-and-white self portraits, as well as a follow-back, came an email request from Costa’s assistant to for a studio visit, and then an invitation to the fall 2015 show. “I was totally satisfied with him following me, and then having the studio visit, it was like it couldn’t get any better,” says Lancaster. “And then to be invited to his show, that had to be the best ever!” After she attended the show, Lancaster sent Costa a thank-you note with a drawing inside. He called back and asked her to make a large-scale drawing inspired by her original artwork, which eventually became the prints that were shown in the resort 2016 show. “When I first saw Alice’s Instagram, I was really inspired by how unapologetic she is about herself and her work. I love how she exudes this modern, erotic femininity in such a graphic way,” says Costa. “My collection this season is all about being bold and sexy, but in more of an urban way and the prints that were inspired by her work really helped this come to life.”

As for the clothes, the white cashmere T-shirt dress and black leather jacket are the perfect canvas for Lancaster’s angular interpretations of the female anatomy. But these looks won’t simply sit on the artist’s Instagram—she’ll be bringing the easel to life in her closet, as translated by Costa’s designs. “I can’t wait to wear the white dress!” says Lancaster. “It is something I would totally wear on its own.”
vogue.com

tfs star

Lmao what a fail

04-06-2015
trendsetter

Feel the exact same way, totally Céline.

backstage pass

This is so bad, but do they even care? They have zillions of diffusion lines (like that underwear for call boys and fragrances)so they don't have to worry about their money. At the same time this collection is a hot mess inspired by Celine and Kane, but it's not only Costa's fault- it's even worse, because that awful print is a result of collaboration with that 'artist'.

04-06-2015
V.I.P.

The prints are so irrelevant to the brand and yes definitely Celine influenced...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2016, calvin, klein, resort