How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2012
V.I.P.

Half of this is really ugly. And the better half is still pretty unflattering for woman´s body. probably this is worst Chanel collection I´ve ever seen

06-03-2012
old-fashioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
I don't understand how the second part and the final part can be a part of the same collections, or even be under the same roof . None of them are particularly good but the final part is far superior to anything in the rest of the show, it could've made an interesting beginning of something beautiful, but alas, it's the climax of the show.

I always spot a few breathtaking Chanel dresses and it isn't the case this time.. this has 'hurry up' written all over it, some nice pieces because you can't go wrong with a team like that but overall a very disastrous collection. Thankfully there's always another season.. or actually, there's always another Cruise or Pre-Fall collection, which is where all of his creativity and attention seems to reside these days, his pręt-a-porter and HC collections have fallen behind them since a few years now..
Agree completely. I've defended Karl's collections many times, but this is just indefensible.

His Cruise and Pre-Fall shows have been so much more interesting, I don't get it. It's not about being more or less commercial, more or less wearable, it's about being creative without sacrificing elegance. Of course there are some great jacktes, and of course Vanessa Paradis will probably wear something I didn't like and make it look wonderful, but the collection as a whole is just sad to look at and think it's Chanel.

& b

this has got to stop. karl lagerfeld is obviously way past his prime, and senile. somebody needs to grow some balls and put him in a retirement home where he belongs.

every 6 months i keep praying to the baby jesus that this will be his final season, and i was CONVINCED that this would be it.....but i haven't heard anything yet.....

Last edited by Alejandro; 06-03-2012 at 05:21 PM.
06-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyba_ella View Post
If Coco was alive ; she'll die again ....Karl what have you done?
that's so mean! but LOL!

fashion insider

I think the more I look at it, the more I absolutely love it! There are so many pieces I would kill to wear.

fashion icon

If any company is in need of a designer overhaul it's Chanel. Have the past few seasons clothes really been selling at all or is Chanel able to absorb the cost of these terrible collections from all the money they make overcharging for their bags and perfume?

As far as a replacement designer for the antiquated caricature that Lagerfeld has become I hear a guy named Raf Simmons is out of a job

06-03-2012
French Chic

Oh this is just dire.
Some of the last coloured pieces look like cheap sparkly wrapping paper and a lot of the knitwear just makes me want to itch. Dreadful.

windowshopping

If the set is more exciting than the clothes, then there is definitely something wrong. Karl needs to stop worrying about theatricality and more about designing. He has officially hit a new low and Chanel isn't worth its name anymore. After last season, this is immensely disappointing.

06-03-2012
V.I.P.

Crystal chic: Karl's splendid Chanel

After diverting one's attention from the elaborately bejeweled eyebrows and glittering, giant hunks of faux gems behind the mods on Chanel's runway this morning, Karl Lagerfeld's latest warranted some serious ogling. On the menu for Fall: new takes on that canoncial tweed suiting mingled alongside sheer slate-hued trou, particularly pretty frock-and-pants combos, and strong sweater-esque calf-dusters for warmth (and/or drama). Save for the excellent, and exceedingly wearable, looks in noir and grey, the palette was a thematically relevant mix of jewel tones (rubies, amethysts, emeralds, sapphire, et al). As a seasonally sound counterpoint to last season's pearlescent traipse of pastels on the catwalk, Lagerfeld dabbled in more off-kilter pairings this time around. Exhibit A: a nubby moss green hue peeking out as a cowl neck and slim pants from under a royally purple topper; also, a mustard pants and boxy, buttoned skirt combo. But the pieds deserved a lingering glance or three as well, given those instantly waitlist-worthy, asymmetrical ombre takes on the Mary Jane.

FashionWeekDaily

06-03-2012
fashion icon

^I don't even bother reading reviews anymore. Will anyone ever dare to give Chanel a bad review?

06-03-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loladonna View Post
^I don't even bother reading reviews anymore. Will anyone ever dare to give Chanel a bad review?
Haha yea, it's not like they are goi to weite a bad review about someone who buys 10-page ad sprees in your february issue.

06-03-2012
trendsetter

the purple items are simply the garbage

06-03-2012
windowshopping

This collection is not all that bad. Some of the looks are actually really nice. The bad does outweigh the good here. Personally I think that Karl has been at Chanel for a long time. They would do a great favor for the brand by introducing a new younger designer to the brand. People become bored of the same perspective all of the time. NEXT!

06-03-2012
fashion insider

The black looks, shoes and bags are fantastic!

06-03-2012
rising star

I loved 95% of this. I really don't understand the hate for it. Everyone's complaining about how horribly unflattering this collection is, yet they laud Balenciaga season after season, which imo is much less flattering.

And plus, the accessories rock lbr!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, chanel, f or w, paris