How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-12-2013
fashion icon

Oooh... I'm sure if I particularly like the apology that Chanel made, something about it doesn't seem very sincere. A sincere action would be more like what Paul Frank did after they created Native American inspired designs and threw a "Native American Party," which was to work with actual Native American designers on a future collaboration. Just making a statement doesn't mean that some is sincere, it is what they do afterwards that truly shows they are remorseful. But then again, it is Chanel, so I won't be getting my hopes up too high.

12-12-2013
scenester

its just to much for me.. I do like the Ruanas ( Ponchos )
and to much denim .. Idk I don't like this collection.

12-12-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust1603 View Post
Well Chanel have apologised in the most passive aggressive way possible.

Elle US
Sorry we're not sorry

13-12-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
So in order to understand everything Native Americans went through you have to be American (or Canadian). Right?
Kudos on 1) not looking at the context of my comment, and 2) misinterpreting the comment and warping it to the extreme.

But satisfaction brought it back
13-12-2013
V.I.P.

you know whats so funny about this discussion is that there are people who are defending Karl, yet have no knowledge on why its upsetting. Its one thing to not know but to not know and then defend/dismiss why the collection is being received this way it and then judge people who are offended is just ignorant. That is something i will never understand

Last edited by TREVOFASHIONISTO; 13-12-2013 at 01:18 PM.
13-12-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
It's not 'ridiculous." I didn't know anything about it because why would I ever have thought to google it? I've never heard anything about Native Americans. Just as most Americans probably haven't googled the history of every other country in the world. No one was saying it was not offensive, just that it isn't to a lot of foreigners because we know nothing about it.
Er, but aren't you from Australia?

Anyway, regardless of where you're from or how informed you are, this collection is inarguably offensive .... both racially and visually.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
Kudos on 1) not looking at the context of my comment, and 2) misinterpreting the comment and warping it to the extreme.
Then by all means explain what you meant by context is important.

fashion elite

Well. Im shocked now. Because I havent expected that 99% of people here didnt like it. Because I LOVE it so much and personally think its one of the best Karl's collections!

I think most of you are so serious about last look. It was just inspiration for collection in Chanel reading. Some time ago german army uniform were popular and still it is huge inspiration for many design people. So are they nazis? I think - no. Because in fashion its all about forms and visual looking but not symbols or something. Dont read between the lines when there is a clean paper.

Anyway I have a question. Who is stylist for Chanel shows?

fashion icon

Yee-Haw! That's all I can think of to say.

14-12-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayaStar View Post
Well. Im shocked now. Because I havent expected that 99% of people here didnt like it. Because I LOVE it so much and personally think its one of the best Karl's collections!

I think most of you are so serious about last look. It was just inspiration for collection in Chanel reading. Some time ago german army uniform were popular and still it is huge inspiration for many design people. So are they nazis? I think - no. Because in fashion its all about forms and visual looking but not symbols or something. Dont read between the lines when there is a clean paper.
That's what I believe is wrong with fashion now. Its so superficial and trite that it can't be taken seriously. Little "accidents" like this that keep occurring over and over have me starting to see this industry, and everyone who loves it, through the eyes of the everyday people who find it so silly and vulgar.

I'm also starting to wonder if Zoolander was actually a documentary, instead of a parody...

backstage pass

Ashleigh Good for Chanel 2014 Pre-Fall Lookbook by Karl Lagerfeld

Quote:
Rhinestone Cowgirl – Following up the runway show last week, Chanel has released its pre-fall 2014 press kit starring Ashleigh Good. The blonde, who has appeared in multiple campaigns for the French brand including the current cruise advertisements, poses for Karl Lagerfeld in sepia-toned images. Ashleigh does her best cowgirl chic impression in tweed jackets, denim, south-western inspired prints and jewelry, and even shimmering embroideries.

fashiongonerogue

20-12-2013
windowshopping

are there any backstage/beauty photos from the show?

21-12-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacokie View Post
are there any backstage/beauty photos from the show?

There're also some pics in Chanel's official website

buro247

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, chanel, parisdallas, prefall