How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-10-2011
backstage pass

very beautiful, love the colors and everyting, but nothing new!

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

She did well...I like this a lot. Who is she again?

03-10-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceMajor View Post
She did well...I like this a lot. Who is she again?
she was at Pringle of Scotland

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

^^^ Clare Waight Keller is the new designer. She comes from six years designing for Pringle of Scotland.

Count me in with the people that like this collection. I think the colour palette and the proportions are particularly great. And for the first time in a long time, there is no kitsch and no awkward attempt at trendiness. Its just simple and beautiful.

I think this is a great first collection from Claire. Obviously the first collection is going to be safe and commercial, but even with those restraints, she has shown something very promising. I look forward to next season where she will explore and experiment with the Chloe aesthetic a little more.

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterlein View Post
What a bore. Just a couple ideas here repeated over and over. Something about this is way too palatable to make it interesting. Borders on generic. Doesn't look like this designer has much to say beyond "I like pretty dresses," which is what I suppose she was hired for.
true. also some of the shapes look extremely unflattering, and at times just simply wrong. i didn't find anything too exciting in this collection, not even the bags.....

03-10-2011
Geometric Discharge

I am so proud of Claire Wright Keller; she has snatched Chloe from Hannah McGibbon's limp grip and brought the house back to what I have always associated with it's name - relaxed, careless femininity.
It may feel like past Celine, but Celine is designed by the woman who was celebrated for her work at Chloe and giving it it's identity; Wright Keller is merely referencing the archives. It may be minimal when minimal is out, but how many post-minimal collections can you say have been as beautiful as this one this season?
In the confusion between new-minimalism and the unknown future, we have had the most awful array of collections I have ever seen come from the fashion capitals which have brought endless disappointment.
It may not be much of an acclaimation this season, but for me, this is the best collection of the season...

...so far [my distrust hesitates to say].

03-10-2011
tfs star

Looking really good!

But Hannah McGibbon did a good job! I don't know why they fired her because she brought lots of profit and she turned girls interested on this brand again, she was the one who revitalised this fashion house too bad they sent her away!

But... the new designer created a really good collection! Love the colors and it's very girly, but hoped for a better construction and tailoring of the clothes, too loose!

Last edited by miguelalmeida; 03-10-2011 at 04:16 PM.
03-10-2011
Looking Up

It's 100% a spring collection, which is lovely. I don't think I know a girl that wouldn't love to wear this collection.

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

Its quite beautiful , I think its my favorite collection this season so far. Considering its her first collection for Chloe , its bloody good. In her second collection, I am sure we will see more of her, also you have to consider she put this collection in a short time and she just had a baby.

03-10-2011
Geometric Discharge

^ Yes I hope we do see more of her in the next collection, though I think I see her peering in with those heavy leather belts with the metalwork.

03-10-2011
backstage pass

i like it too very much! again, it's not trying too hard, and not bland! i'm glad to see the Chloe i liked (from as far back as good 6-7 seasons ago). i knew they had it somewhere in them!

03-10-2011
front row

Looking at this collection, I literally almost forgot Pheobe doesn't work for Chloe anymore.

girl who fell to earth

lovely step in the right direction for the brand

she was doing a beautiful job with pringle and it's nice to see her settling in at chloť now...
this stuff just feels true to the brand identity for me

chloť nearly always does a beautiful job with their ad campaigns, so i have to admit i'm already excited to see what they do to showcase these clothes...

*and i've only taken one look, but i admit i didn't really register what any of the shoes or bags look like

03-10-2011
front row

its like a breath of fresh air...definitely want to see everything in motion...upwards and onwards!

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

I find the colour palette to be quite refreshing. There are piece that could work great on their own. However the collection in total felt heavy and boxy. The fit of the pants is quite unflattering and diper-like.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, chloŽ, paris, s or s