How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicalbang View Post
If people hated her previous collection, I can't imagine what they will say about this one.
Amen.

I defended that collection because it exemplified her potential. Does she really expect us to believe she's only designing for her "gay boyfriends"? A unisex line was a great idea, but poorly executed. I'd even say an idea better shelved until she's had a bit more experience designing clothes fit for a debut at the likes of London Fashion Week. I still love you, Chloe. I just hate your maroon shoes.

25-02-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I agree Lucy - I loved what she did last season actually. The early 90s floral were so spot on, and very true to her roots. This is bizarre and hideous. As others have said, direct rips from other people, notably Vibskov and also the American Apparel Afrika print. I mean, this sort of look is tired, even in London.
I agree with you guys. I love some of the pieces she did last season. The floral corsets especially. This just look hideous and not stylish in any way!! The only think that is ok is the leather shorts/skirt.

31-03-2009
backstage pass

It doesnít necessarily seize an immediate attraction to it, thus her last collection did. The styles are repeated, perhaps regurgitated from previous designs & names. She succeeds in brazing a congenial depiction of her own tastes in it I guess, in keeping with some kind of alternative re-introduced subculture aesthetic. But yeah I think this is something sheís happy with, itís not very untouched, new, or innovative. It'll sell, i do quite like the buckle strap shoes.

31-08-2009
front row

I only liked the leopar printed sweater.

04-01-2011
front row

Hate it!

04-01-2011
rising star

It reminds me to deer Rudolph. I have no idea why but it's on my mind.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, ceremony, chloŽ, f or w, london, opening, sevigny