How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-06-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
you..shut up i have nothing against chinese
Check back you own posts in this thread by yourself before you tell me to shut up! The one who should shut up is YOU, not me! You are behaving like a completely irrational ten-year-old kid who has totally no idea what's appropriate and what's inapproprite to say in public.

27-06-2006
front row

People ... stop bickering, please! I don't want this thread to end up locked! This thread is for the Dior fans (or anti-Dior-by-Galliano activists)!

*ahem*

Anyway, I knew I saw that boot on the accessories report on Style.com. Here's the picture:

Absolutely love it.

Oh - and it's under Accessories Report -> Paris -> Dior by John Galliano - and not "Christian Dior" as I previously thought. You'll need to scroll through a few other accessories before you see the boot. There are some other very cool accessories in the report as well.

Couture isn't meant to be worn. It's supposed to be assembled.
27-06-2006
backstage pass

ok enough for china
for you

27-06-2006
front row

Ghost: I'm not bothering until the discussion gets back on topic.

Anyway, for the benefit of those who are really interested in this show, I did a search on Baidu.com for the show and managed to find a photo gallery. You can see it here:

http://lady.tom.com/piclibs/060626dior/index.html

It seems that the collection shown in China isn't purely the Fall/Winter 2006 collection shown in Paris; it, in fact, contains numerous pieces from the pre-fall collection (the ones shown in the pre-fall lookbook shots done by Morgane Dubled) as well. Perhaps that explains the lack of the original theatrics of the Paris show.

P.S. To navigate the pages of the gallery, just scroll down until you see the "1 2 3 4 5". Click on each of the numbers to view the respective page number. And just like most galleries, click on a thumbnail to see a larger version of the picture.

Couture isn't meant to be worn. It's supposed to be assembled.

Last edited by EdanChrysler; 27-06-2006 at 08:49 AM.
27-06-2006
backstage pass

27-06-2006
backstage pass

ok anyway back on the topic......karma for her

28-06-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdanChrysler
People ... stop bickering, please! I don't want this thread to end up locked! This thread is for the Dior fans (or anti-Dior-by-Galliano activists)!

*ahem*

Anyway, I knew I saw that boot on the accessories report on Style.com. Here's the picture:

Absolutely love it.

Oh - and it's under Accessories Report -> Paris -> Dior by John Galliano - and not "Christian Dior" as I previously thought. You'll need to scroll through a few other accessories before you see the boot. There are some other very cool accessories in the report as well.
Oh but the boots weren't in the f/w 06 show! But your post about Baidu explained it though.

Kudos to that women on top.

28-06-2006
V.I.P.

ghost, enough is enough. Please look at the mirror and see how ridiculous you are! Are you here to post insulting language or to discuss fashion?

I'm disappointed by the show as they didn't show the entire outfits together. I don't mind using new models, but the bags and accessories are essential pieces of the outfits, and the looks were not complete without them.

28-06-2006
windowshopping

they are so cute though, i love asains.

28-06-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine
I'm disappointed by the show as they didn't show the entire outfits together. I don't mind using new models, but the bags and accessories are essential pieces of the outfits, and the looks were not complete without them.
As I said before, most of time these kinds of shows done in greater China (mainland, HK, Taiwan) are nothing but PR activities. Usually they just replicate the Milan or Paris show with some modifications. The focus of these shows are usually the celebrities, not the clothes, most Chinese press are also more interested in which kinds of celebrity gossips they could find than clothes themselves. Local fashion editors almost get no attention on such shows, unlike Milan, Paris or even New York fashion shows where fashion editors are always exposed to lots of flashlights.

Sometimes they do interesting shows. Chanel is particularly good at that. They could find very interesting venues for their shows. Several years ago, Chanel did a show at a very old military airport in Shanghai, and last year, Chanel did a big show at Pudong international airport in Shanghai, all the guests had to take the new meglev train to get to the show venue from Longyang subway station. Chanel even painted big Chanel logos on the meglev train and changed it into a Chanel express, which is quite amazing. Last month or so, Chanel replicated the entire SS 06 Paris Haute Couture show in Hongkong, even including the original settings. But the problem of all these shows is that they always look like some sort of inferior clone. It would be much more interesting if they could be bolder and infuse more local features and creativity into the way those clothes are presented.

28-06-2006
backstage pass

its kk but not dior...in conclusion not very impressed

V.I.P.

I totally agree, Haoshcn I wish they could focus more on fashion...but there is always a phase when people used commercial effects to draw attention at first.
btw, the express train to the airport is awesome. My dad just took it and he said that it was amazing. Painting Chanel on it is dreamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoshcn
As I said before, most of time these kinds of shows done in greater China (mainland, HK, Taiwan) are nothing but PR activities. Usually they just replicate the Milan or Paris show with some modifications. The focus of these shows are usually the celebrities, not the clothes, most Chinese press are also more interested in which kinds of celebrity gossips they could find than clothes themselves. Local fashion editors almost get no attention on such shows, unlike Milan, Paris or even New York fashion shows where fashion editors are always exposed to lots of flashlights.

Sometimes they do interesting shows. Chanel is particularly good at that. They could find very interesting venues for their shows. Several years ago, Chanel did a show at a very old military airport in Shanghai, and last year, Chanel did a big show at Pudong international airport in Shanghai, all the guests had to take the new meglev train to get to the show venue from Longyang subway station. Chanel even painted big Chanel logos on the meglev train and changed it into a Chanel express, which is quite amazing. Last month or so, Chanel replicated the entire SS 06 Paris Haute Couture show in Hongkong, even including the original settings. But the problem of all these shows is that they always look like some sort of inferior clone. It would be much more interesting if they could be bolder and infuse more local features and creativity into the way those clothes are presented.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
asia, chn, dior, fashion, grandest