Christian Dior F/W 2017.18 Paris - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-03-2017
front row

What is interesting about this is that for a while, big traditional houses became serious rivals for 'cutting edge' Designer labels, producing collections by genius Designers with strong contemporary visions. This is going back to when Gianfranco Ferre was doing Dior, and it was a collection for an older clientele of ladies who lunch, and did not really touch a younger generation, who were more into Gaultier or the Belgians. Dior is going to become less relevant as a Fashion House again, it'll be a Collection of luxurious but fairly nondescript garments for a slightly older clientele. And to be honest , that might also be ok. It'll keep them cosy, financially speaking, which is what it's all about anyway . And we have Gucci and Balenciaga on the one hand , and loads of young exciting brands on the other.

04-03-2017
V.I.P.

^Dye Gucci in blue and remove all the accesories and you have Dior 2.0. The level of design is actually the same.

^^And Dior by Raf Simons clothes did make it to the stores. Don't you have a Dior boutique nearby? Even in the most obscure boutique you had all the resort and prefall collections, and a good amount of the normal rtw.

Last edited by Creative; 04-03-2017 at 04:05 AM.
04-03-2017
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative View Post
Dior by Raf Simons clothes did make it to the stores. Don't you have a Dior boutique nearby? Even in the most obscure boutique you had all the resort and prefall collections, and a good amount of the normal rtw.

In Rome the Dior stores hardly had clothes and I never saw anyone buying them...Now with Mariagrazia they are really pushing the rtw line. I didn't like the collection either btw.

04-03-2017
fashion insider

This is not good
Every thing looks exactly the same and not Dior at all. The casting isn't helping either.

04-03-2017
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inlimbo View Post
In Mariagrazia's defense, she is trying to make clothes that women would like to wear. Raf was a genius but no one ever looked good in his clothes. I hardly believe that any of his creations ever reached the stores...

I still think she could do a nice job at Dior.
But in financial reports, it has been shown that the house's profit rose 20% -30% during Raf's tenure.

04-03-2017
trendsetter

I used to look forward to see Dior's new collection.. but 3 collections in under Maria Grazia tenure I'm not even excited with this brand anymore

Only like the look on Lululeika

04-03-2017
backstage pass

Tim Blanks interview:

05-03-2017
windowshopping

Just downright drab. Tragic.

She has no idea how to maintain Dior's design ethos. Whats worse I don't think she really cares..

05-03-2017
V.I.P.

the thing is, i like her as a person, from what i have seen (in the documentary on channel 4 recently) it's just...i don't know...it's like she and pierpaolo need each others to function i don't like them separate !

tfs star

I like a few of the looks but that's it...it's just so boring overall. I miss Dior when it showcased a dream, a vision....now, under Maria, Dior is just...there. It just feels irrelevant now to me.

08-03-2017
V.I.P.

OMG, Tim Blank's interview is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. How uncomfortable to watch...

18-03-2017
tfs star

I know i might be a little late to the party... but what a disappointing collection. It looks like she collected up old and used parachutes and decided to make clothes out of the material. (I'm all for recycling... but no) And with the almost all blue/navy blue colour there's no relief in it. I understand new designers like to bring their spin but you should always have an element that is true to the house you are designing for.

*sighs*

19-03-2017
fashion elite

That video is ridiculous. It's a great example of why everyday people roll their eyes at the fashion industry. If she would have done a Gallino-Esque collection all in blue then that would be something to talk about.

19-03-2017
fashion insider

Tim Blanks is such a vomit inducing mouthpiece of the advertisers. Fashion journalism has become a joke.

windowshopping

Dior SS 2006, that's how you execute a single palette collection.

It's not like she's even trying tbh that's what frustrates me the most.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
christian, dior, f or w, paris