How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-07-2009
backstage pass

The gowns are sooooo Parisian.... Carine will use them, I'm sure. My favorites are Natasha's and Georgina's gowns. So beautiful...

06-07-2009
V.I.P.

*shakes head in dissaprovement* Galliano, Galliano, what have you done?

I like some pieces, but nothing that makes me scream OooOoOoOo.

06-07-2009
V.I.P.

Ok so he's just rehashed HC S/S 2005 with a bit of A/W 2007. I'm so bored. How sad. I feel like he goes "Would Dita wear this? Yes ok then".

Nothing will top HC S/S 1997 if he keeps on sending out the same old same looks.

06-07-2009
fashion elite

this collection lacks the drama that i'm used to seeing at dior. these clothes were made purely to sell. john has depended on his models instead to exude drama.

that said i do love the collection. i can't help it, since i have recently decided to love sex as a trend.

however, i am growing tired of john continually rehashing ideas so blatantly. the new look shape, the gaudy embroidering, the leopard print, the dutch inspiration. why can't galliano find something new to inspire himself?

06-07-2009
V.I.P.

The shoes are quite nice, and I like the "undressing/lingerie" idea behind the collection.

That being said, the show does look somewhat RTW instead of HC.

Still, people always complain about Galliano. Ever since entering tFS 5/6 years ago, I've been hearing about "Galliano has lost it/Galliano is no longer the same/blah blah blah."

But satisfaction brought it back
06-07-2009
Hell on Heels

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9451/331m.jpg

this dress could be perfect. the horrible shiny fabric of the skirt almost ruins it all, but still it's a great dress.

the rest... there are a few outfits that im LOVING but the colors ruin them, and the rest is sooo underwhelming

but - i need the shoes. i do really hope they're gonna produce something similiar. they're AMAZING

06-07-2009
front row

I like some of the outfits (but the majority I don't) and I agree with everyone who said that this doesn't feel like haute couture, because it doesn't - it looks like it could be from any of his other collections.

Quite disappointing.

06-07-2009
front row

It's very Parisian but too paris circa 1947. I love John. But all the shows are getting really redundant and indistinguishable from the others. The resort and RTW collections have the same inspirations which carries over into the couture collections and things rarely look new. I think Dior's FW2008 did the transparent thing in a much better way.

06-07-2009
Alluring

Quote:
“I call it ‘cabine’ fever!” said Mr. Galliano
I would rather call it Same Old Scene, but well.

06-07-2009
she's got the look

Magdalena and Heidi's outfits are the best, imo.
The rest is lame.

V.I.P.

My first impresion when I saw full collection is "John, we've seen this before!!!". I don't like it, becouse so many outfits, look completely the same to the clothes from previous seasons. We've seen the hats, we've seen the dresses and we've seen the jackets too. The only diference between them, is that we can see more panties.

I agree that maybe it's a Parisian look again, but it sooo boring.

And the worst thing in this collection is Morgane outfit. How can you call a bra with gown a HC?!?!?

Or I'm getting older, or John is loosing his great creativity, becouse IMO he didn't show anything interesting since 2006.

06-07-2009
old-fashioned

compared to dior's recent hc shows, and considering that the 'more commercial' aspect of the clothes seems to be here to stay, i have to admit i don't dislike this collection. there's no real innovation like some old dior collections used to have, no eccentric drama, not even crazy makeup, and i know that sometimes the underwear thing was more styling than design, but looking at the show, at how everything was presented, my first reaction was a smile, not a big one, but i definitely wasn't bored like i was last season. the gowns have nothing new except for the one with the suspenders (talking about suspenders, the shoes are great), but they're better than s/s 2009 - and just being better than the previous season isn't worth admiration but maybe a relief... at the same time that i wonder whether i'm getting less exigent as some designers don't seem to be putting much thought into their creations, i can't help but like it when it's beautiful. i'm not freaking out like i do when i see jpg's designs, but i think this collection is beautiful, despite all the déjà vu feeling.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
Nothing will top HC S/S 1997 if he keeps on sending out the same old same looks.
I am not in argument with you either way, dear, but did you really mean 1997? Or perhaps meant to put S/S 2007? I still watch that show and work out to the soundtrack on my ipod.

06-07-2009
old-fashioned

^oh my god yes s/s 2007 was SUBLIME.

Geometric Discharge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
I still watch that show and work out to the soundtrack on my ipod.
Recording soundtrack as we speak

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, christian, couture, dior, f or w, haute, paris