How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-07-2009
rising star

I wonder why John is trying to make New Look happen so desperately, I thought his best couture collections were the ones without such an obvious references to the New Look.
I've seen too much of that pocket/basque thingy on the jackets. I still like them, but I think John Galliano should move on.
John Galliano should talk to Karl Lagarfeld about reinventing classic looks. Karl Lagarfeld has been reinventing Chanel's classic look as long as i can remember and still manages to make them fresh and young every season.

I guess i am still waiting for 2003, 2004 and 2007 to happen to Dior shows,,,
I'm satisfied with this show though, there is something about this collection

Last edited by Josephjang; 07-07-2009 at 11:47 AM.

07-07-2009
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephjang View Post
I'm satisfied with this show though, there is something about this collection
i completely agree. is it an extravaganza? no. is it completely commercial? probably. but it's satisfying nonetheless. also, should we read something into the mysterious absence of anna wintour?

there'd be no john galliano without anna wintour....could this signal perhaps dior preparing to choose another?

Fat Karl

This collection makes me want to change my username...

trendsetter

I'm shocked by all the dislike. I think Galliano is brilliant and as beautiful as ever. I fancy the lingerie inspiration...and I MUST OWN A PAIR OF THE HEELS WITH THE GARTER STRAPS!!!! The colour palette is like candy. Sasha Pivovarova looks downright glamourous in the red suit and gloves....and the peek of black garter under the black skirt is very sensually erotic. The only part I'm not crazy about is the hair, but that doesn't bother me so much.

07-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
i completely agree. is it an extravaganza? no. is it completely commercial? probably. but it's satisfying nonetheless. also, should we read something into the mysterious absence of anna wintour?

there'd be no john galliano without anna wintour....could this signal perhaps dior preparing to choose another?
are you sure she wasn't there? maybe she got a preview of the collection the day before or something...?

in fact, there is something dull and repetitive about this colletion. wonder if dior is to frightened of loosing costumers if they show someting more "theatrical".

07-07-2009
trendsetter

Reminds me of Dior HC SS 2001 and Dior SS 2004, both shows with the first few outfits in different colors

07-07-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
i think lady gaga will be wearing a lot of this collection!!
i hope she wont.

07-07-2009
windowshopping

I FOUND THIS MORE BIGER fashionologie.com

------------------------
my blogggg/

07-07-2009
V.I.P.

This is absolutely terrible and atrocious!!It looks like something from a nightmare...
First of all the clothes have a very bitchy-stripper-tranny vibe which I really don't like for a Dior show,the worst outfit of the entire collection is probably the big skirt with the bra worn by Morgane,so tacky and cheap
Then clothes revealing lingerie under is something that John has already done so many times,that's why the show reminds me of SS04 ready to wear,but at least that show was much more interesting and funnier
The shoes are WAY too simple...I really wonder if they are really from Dior,because the shoes are always so dangerous and well constructed but this time they're just horrible
Sorry to say but after 2 seasons of pure crap I have to say Dior couture is officially dead...SS09 was already crappy for my likes but this is even worse
Sorry John!

Geometric Discharge

Well at least the music was a bit more exciting than last time.
The models were ungainly coming down that staircase trying to pose sexily and the one piece I thought I liked was the most inelegant dress with the most artificial movement I've ever seen.
Just the worst.

07-07-2009
V.I.P.

^I agree about music. But I don't know if this is going to save for me.

You can download video in catwalk video tread.

07-07-2009
V.I.P.

I love it even more after seeing the video.

Amour Comme Hiver

I love how Dior never ceases to be polarizing.

I, for one, an enamoured with this collection; as of right now, Paris Couture Week has been very impressive.

07-07-2009
trendsetter

People must be on crack if they think of this as impressive. How he did sexiness back in the 90's was utterly amazing, while this just seem so desperate. The clothes once again look stiff, and the same fabric and silhouette have been recycled over and over and over again by him for a few years now. Disappointing.

07-07-2009
trendsetter

However, I do like the music in the video and the fact that Caroline Trentini was there!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, christian, couture, dior, f or w, haute, paris