How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-07-2009
V.I.P.

Someone please tell me who the woman in the bright purple top and matching heels in front row with Valentino tan and fans herself at odd times is and does she have a thread here? A couture client?

07-07-2009
no tom ford, no thanks.

where's anna?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKnardi View Post
are you sure she wasn't there? maybe she got a preview of the collection the day before or something...?

in fact, there is something dull and repetitive about this colletion. wonder if dior is to frightened of loosing costumers if they show someting more "theatrical".

Quote:
COUTURE REPORT: Who is Here? Who is Not? And Where is Anna?
Dior kicks off the week en plein forme...
7/6/2009 2:59:00 PM

(PARIS) The couture season began merely moments ago with John Galliano's extraordinary showing for Christian Dior. Given la crise, as the French say, some feared that attendance would be abysmal at best. Happily, the opposite appears to be true. Dior headquarters at 30, avenue Montaigne was just as packed with A-list editors as it was strewn with arrangements of white roses and hydrangeas.

First things first: Anna, vous êtes où? The editrix en chef was nowhere to be seen, although her deputies Grace Coddington and Sally Singer sat front-row. Right behind them? Hamish Bowles and Lauren Santo Domingo. Just down the aisle was Carine Roitfeld and Emmanuelle Alt, who shouted at Patrick Demarchelier across the runway. In an adjoining room, Glenda Bailey proudly represented Harper's Bazaar, while Joe Zee and Kate Davidson Hudson formed the Elle contingent. Michael Roberts is in Paris for Vanity Fair; Cecilia Dean and Stephen Gan are attending the shows for V. Predictably, Fabien Baron is the sole mec from Interview.

Delphine Arnault-Gancia sat down the row from her father Bernard Arnault, who squired none other than Madame Chirac to the show. (Antoine is out of the country. Helas.) As for the journalists? Cathy Horyn, wearing a sleeveless black frock, flat sandals and a très petit Chanel quilted bag with oxidized chains--caught up with W's Dennis Freedman. Suzy Menkes waited patiently near the entrance for Marion Cotillard to arrive. And when she did--34 minutes after the show's original starting time--Olivier Zahm finally abdicated from her prime seat next to Sidney Toledano and wandered off to find his own. Alex de Betak greeted his dear friend, who sported a flawless black sheath, a tousled coif and a radiant expression. After greeting la famille Arnault--and everyone else in her row--the show promptly began with a chorus of giggles cascading from the speakers. The message was clear: Chic must go on. As if there were ever any doubt!

ASHLEY BAKER

© 2002-2009 Fashion Week Daily

windowshopping

heyyy
that sooooo paris style
e.e
and i want the soundtrack u.u
sooo eelctro chic elegance

07-07-2009
front row

Now I know why I dislike Galliano yeesh :/

07-07-2009
backstage pass

Source: style.com

07-07-2009
old-fashioned

who's the model that came right after the one in the leopard dress? the girl wearing a very light pink/nude dress...? she was one of the very, very few models who walked down the stair gracefully.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVeed View Post
Isn't Dior HC MEANT for older women?
xD have you been living under a rock? or is it just that you don't know much about fashion, or about christian dior. Before this last two (or three) years, Galliano designing Dior HC used to be one of the most extravagant and propositive designers not only of hc but of all designers (at least to me), and he would make garments that an old woman would definitively wouldn't wear in a thousand years. So much colors and diferent silhouettes, sheer dresses, armours, feathers, colors, you name it and Galliano would do it.... but perhaps you are right... perhaps this last seasons of dior couture are made for old women, which is sad because galliano used to be so magnificent and now he's so boring and old T_T. I'm sad now lol

front row

nothing in the collection makes me feel excited. disappointing!

08-07-2009
V.I.P.

Something about this collection makes me like it. I mean it's nothing new, nothing exciting, but overall it's a safe and alright collection. Honestly, if it weren't for the lingerie or whatever pieces included in the collection, i would care less about it all. It atleast makes it a bit interesting. Plus, i saw the video today and that helped to slightly appreciate this collection a bit more.

Mr. Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ana* View Post
who's the model that came right after the one in the leopard dress? the girl wearing a very light pink/nude dress...? she was one of the very, very few models who walked down the stair gracefully.
She's Tatyana Usova

I only love the latest dresses. The soundtrack is superb!

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
08-07-2009
trendsetter

It's very Dior very safe a bit opulent, but isn't couture about opulence! And I'm sure it was an amazing show, galliano's couture shows are always entertaining!

love siri's look!

tfs star

major love for this collection.

08-07-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
Someone please tell me who the woman in the bright purple top and matching heels in front row with Valentino tan and fans herself at odd times is and does she have a thread here? A couture client?
Katya Toledano,Sidney Toledano's wife I think

backstage pass

I like it!!

It's not amazing!!! But I Like it!!

08-07-2009
trendsetter

I like it but I feel that John keeps doing the same thing over and over again

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, christian, couture, dior, f or w, haute, paris